Woohoo, Got My First Film Back **And now asking about home developing**

Cheers guys,

I have 1 shot left :D

19 taken, 2 completely over exposed, 2 completely under exposed (forgot to take the dark slide out), and the rest are just crap examples of my attempting to read the light meter.

I have had more fun today than I have in a long time! I will scan and post the crappy shots, so you can all point and laugh :D

Gary.

I should clarify in case others have the same issue. The reason I could not get the polaroid back to fit, I was not aware the rear section of the camera had 2 parts to take off. One, the film holder. Two, the bit between the film holder and the actual body.

I was trying to attach the polaroid back to the in between section. Once I removed it, all made sense.

Gary.

, the bit between the film holder and the actual body.

I was trying to attach the polaroid back to the in between section. Once I removed it, all made sense.

Gary.
That's the rotating back adapter Gary - the bit which actually allows the back to rotate.

That's the rotating back adapter Gary - the bit which actually allows the back to rotate.

:LOL: I had such a PITA trying to fit my polaroid back but I was doing the same thing as Gary. Its dead obvious once you know but up until then its clear as mud:bang:

I also failed miserably the first time I tried loading a pack of film and ended up ruining the whole lot, tis an expensive mistake to make:puke:

I also failed miserably the first time I tried loading a pack of film and ended up ruining the whole lot, tis an expensive mistake to make:puke:

And not exclusive to Mamiya users either. I did the same thing the first time I loaded my Bronica Polaroid back. Fed the paper leader between the rollers instead if between the lid and the body. Won't do that again at £10 a pack. What I might continue to do though is remove the back without fitting the darkslide and take photos with the darkslide fitted and then pull the film.:bang:

And not exclusive to Mamiya users either. I did the same thing the first time I loaded my Bronica Polaroid back. Fed the paper leader between the rollers instead if between the lid and the body. Won't do that again at £10 a pack.

snap:wave:

in the shop waiting on my first 3 rolls back!!! Like waiting on exam results! :)

Nervous :D

Gary.

It's nerve racking isn't it.

I still get it a bit after a couple of years of proper film togging, its the prospect of awesomeness or sheer awfulness and there's nothing you can do about it now.

Hope they are good

It's nerve racking isn't it.

I still get it a bit after a couple of years of proper film togging, its the prospect of awesomeness or sheer awfulness and there's nothing you can do about it now.

Hope they are good

Sweet, let's have a sweepstake on what grades Gary gets!

Well the good news is, I am FLOORED / STOKED! :D

The bad news? I only have the slides - so can't see if they are as good as they appear :)

One thing I think I can see, the colour is PHENOMENAL!

Gary.

Have a quick read here if you haven't already. You might be disappointed by the scans but as long as the thing your holding in your hand up against the window looks good then **** the scans.

s'like watching F1 on FFWD..
I think the sweepstake should be 5x4's by Tuesday night and 10x8 before the weekend....:LOL:

Big up yer Gary, for not faffing about for weeks on end (y)

The bad news? I only have the slides - so can't see if they are as good as they appear :)

One thing I think I can see, the colour is PHENOMENAL!

Gary.

How they appear is how good they are gary. That's your finished product right there; if it looks mint then it is.

the question now though is how many are you going to get printed as Ilfochromes?

I've only found one place in the UK that prints Ilfochromes and they get very mixed reviews, bit like photobox.

Now someone needs to explain to Gary about printing slides and how it differs from printing B&W and colour negatives.

try Owen Boyd, he is getting my first set sent to him when I've got it all sorted (probably ages away but still)

Have a quick read here if you haven't already. You might be disappointed by the scans but as long as the thing your holding in your hand up against the window looks good then **** the scans.

They look awesome against a window, the colours are insane. That scanner thread scares me :D

s'like watching F1 on FFWD..
I think the sweepstake should be 5x4's by Tuesday night and 10x8 before the weekend....:LOL:

Big up yer Gary, for not faffing about for weeks on end (y)

5 x 4, 10 x 8? You lost me? :D I think this does 6 x 7?

How they appear is how good they are gary. That's your finished product right there; if it looks mint then it is.

the question now though is how many are you going to get printed as Ilfochromes?

A what?

I've only found one place in the UK that prints Ilfochromes and they get very mixed reviews, bit like photobox.

Now someone needs to explain to Gary about printing slides and how it differs from printing B&W and colour negatives.

Yes please, do explain!!!

5 x 4, 10 x 8? You lost me? :D I think this does 6 x 7?

5x4 and 8x10 are inches, so massive compared to 135film and pretty huge compared to 120 film

Ilfochromes (aka Cibachromes) are the classic method for printing positives. Its a wet process like B&W with the dyes in the paper from the start. This makes it super crisp, it has a very wide gamut and is basically a WYSIWYG process, a copy of the slide, unlike colour neg printing where you mess about a bit.

The only finish available for ilfochromes now is a high gloss which is mental. I've seen a 60 inch ish print and the things are incredible, with super rich blacks. I'm saving up a set of slides to send away to get printed

5x4 and 8x10 are inches, so massive compared to 135film and pretty huge compared to 120 film

Ilfochromes (aka Cibachromes) are the classic method for printing positives. Its a wet process like B&W with the dyes in the paper from the start. This makes it super crisp, it has a very wide gamut and is basically a WYSIWYG process, a copy of the slide, unlike colour neg printing where you mess about a bit.

The only finish available for ilfochromes now is a high gloss which is mental. I've seen a 60 inch ish print and the things are incredible, with super rich blacks. I'm saving up a set of slides to send away to get printed

What kind of Camera shoots film that size? 8 x 10 is insane, the quality must be absolutely flawless?

One of these

8x10 is tiny, you just wait for 20x24 :eek:

5-kenro-izu-with-his-camera.jpg

Thats Kenro Izu, you should definately look at his work, and not only because of his big old camera

Back