Edit My Images
Yes
but there are a couple of spiders :D :razz:

_MG_5445.jpg

_MG_5446.jpg

_MG_5447.jpg

_MG_5449.jpg

_MG_5450.jpg

Whoooah, lordy. You could have warned me!

/runs away screaming like a girl

dod.....:clap:

You havent lost any of your close up talent I see..(y)

Very nice pics Dod.
They're the type of shots I'm hoping to get when I get time to go out with my new lens.
Excellent. (y)

Eurgh :puke: I HATE spiders, but they are excellent shots. I couldn't look at them for too long as they give me the creeps. The close ups make them look even more scary with those huge eyes.

minimeeze said:
Eurgh :puke: I HATE spiders, but they are excellent shots. I couldn't look at them for too long as they give me the creeps. The close ups make them look even more scary with those huge eyes.
Haha, sorry minimeeze but it's now spider season, just add me to ignore :LOL:

Actually I think these guys are quite cute. They're absolutely fascinating to watch.

Unlike normal spiders they don't do webs, they actually stalk their prey and jump on it, very interesting to watch. That might be why the eyes are so large, I don't know but suspect they have great eyesight.

Cheers BB, took a few go's to work out the exposures again, wish I had that flash set up of yours ;)

doddy, these are crackers mate, the narrow band of focus really shows up well, i take it these are garden spiders, not house spiders(hopefully).
TFS

Very nice, good focus on the eyes really brings you close to them, looks like they were all hungry to;)

(y)

I spent some of today grafting at the top of the garden preparing ground to start building my workshop.

I found a large black spider and thought he would make a great macro subject... so i caught it and put it in a plastic flower pot that was handy.
Half an hour later i got cleaned up and went back with my camera.

Needless to say he had escaped and I could not see another one anywhere!

I read about this depth of field program that stacks images so I downloaded it....but I'm still looking for a suitable subject :(

Thanks folks, normal service will be resumed shortly, just heading off to the track :LOL:

RobertP said:
I read about this depth of field program that stacks images so I downloaded it....but I'm still looking for a suitable subject :(
I've never used that yet but I've seen some results, it's really impressive, thanks for the link :)

Gordan Bennett!!!!! :eek: I'm glad they don't make them that big and hairy in our home! I saw a tiny wolf spider jumping on the floor the other day and thats quite enough thank you very much! :shake:

Good work though ;)

Back