Woohoo Waxwings Are Coming

Hi Andy

I saw mine in Adlington Lancashire, about 30 birds, just cant get clear shots of them in the rowan trees as yet, just been out and found some more rowan close by 3 birds quite close to them, so going back tomorrow (y) just chuffed to have at last seen them and got a couple of shots, just commented on your shots (y)

Last edited:
Hi Andy

I saw mine in Adlington Lancashire, about 30 birds, just cant get clear shots of them in the rowan trees as yet, just been out and found some more rowan close by 3 birds quite close to them, so going back tomorrow (y) just chuffed to have at last seen them and got a couple of shots, just commented on your shots (y)

We started at Burnley Cemetery this morning and didn't see anything. Ended up at the side of the road in Barrow....the trees were very convenient !! Just a matter of standing around for them to land.

well had a report today redwings and fieldfares have arrived in area and got some pintail on local mere....... come on leg hurry up and mend cos ya doing my head in nowwww:banana:
regards ian

.the trees were very convenient !! Just a matter of standing around for them to land.

The tree they are feeding on at the moment is surrounded by by bushes, they are only in the open at the top of a sycamore tree waiting

well had a report today redwings and fieldfares have arrived in area and got some pintail on local mere....... come on leg hurry up and mend cos ya doing my head in nowwww:banana:
regards ian

Good stuff Ian hope your legs better soon (y)

Just come on pager. Report of a waxwing at Old Weston Cambs then taken by Sparrowhawk. Bet thats upset the Cambridge twitchers.

Bloody Lancs people showing off!!! :razz: :D

Nice shots chaps (y) just waiting for them to head west and south! :)

drew

12:47 01/11/10 Waxwing - Staffs - Cannock Chase - one by the gun butts

from bird guides

saw 5 of these lovelies two days ago sitting in my back garden's cherry tree. Got to the binoculars had a close look. yep! Waxwings..... went for my camera to get some shots, when I returned they had fled. Darn it! Maybe they will visit North Herts again.

Nice Mark, pleased they turned up down your way (y)

All but gone from my way, heres to next October if they come again next year, they arrive in Chorley 23rd Oct this year

Last edited:
Back