Woohoo Waxwings Are Coming

Any details as to where abouts in Kent?

Warden Point
Grove Ferry
Wingham
Dungeness

Places should be on Google if you don't recognize them.
All from RBA.
Good luck with search for them, plenty up here so you should be getting
more soon.

C

Last edited:
Cracking looking birds, never seen one - always wanted to!

Any sighting in Wales yet? don't fancy the 4 hour drive east :)

drew

Cracking looking birds, never seen one - always wanted to!

Any sighting in Wales yet? don't fancy the 4 hour drive east :)

drew

Two in Wales this 10-10 AM, Great Ormes Head, Conwy.
Not too near you though !!!
But at least in Wales. Not long till they move further south I expect.

C

subscribing! Love to see these now I've got some long decent lens. Living in Putney though so prob not ideal but its going to worth the drive.

Just seen this

http://www.skye-birds.com/

Latest Sightings:

Waxwing - 26th October 10
Now reported from Staffin with 10(SP) and 40-50 at Staffin Road, Portree (Marie)also 30-40 at Arisaig, 20-25 at Mallaig and 12-15 at Morar (CFrench, SMacD)

Regards

Richard

Fylde Bird Club sightings page has just listed - 27th October Preston: 12 Waxwings on Church Street

not seen any yet but will be keeping my eyes open

Possibly Dave, if I do I'll let you know. I'll have colleagues at the Wildlife Trust let me know if any show up too.

from birdguides

11:00 28/10/10 - Waxwing - Staffs - Cannock Chase

I know a few of you are near there?

from birdguides

11:00 28/10/10 - Waxwing - Staffs - Cannock Chase

I know a few of you are near there?

Just cane from there myself after a 3 1/2 hr walk around looking for waxwings. Never saw any myself but there was a large flock of fieldfair. I will have to look again tomorrow nearer the place they have been reported. Will keep you all updated.

Last edited:
Just cane from there myself after a 3 1/2 hr walk around looking for waxwings. Never saw any myself but there was a large flock of fieldfair. I will have to look again tomorrow nearer the place they have been reported. Will keep you all updated.

Have you tried up by the old rifle range,I'm sure I heard they have visited there in the past,just been checking other posts it seems they have visited the back off the car park opposite the old white house.

Last edited:
Have you tried up by the old rifle range,I'm sure I heard they have visited there in the past,just been checking other posts it seems they have visited the back off the car park opposite the old white house.

Thanks for the heads up william, I will be around that area in the morning to see if I can find anything. Will let you know how i get on.

Thanks for the heads up william, I will be around that area in the morning to see if I can find anything. Will let you know how i get on.

You might not need to,I'm thinking of having a mooch around there myself tomorrow,lets hope we see more than each other (lol).

You might not need to,I'm thinking of having a mooch around there myself tomorrow,lets hope we see more than each other (lol).
Might see you up there too, am hoping to have a walk round to see whats going on :)

Might see you up there too, am hoping to have a walk round to see whats going on :)

Mini TP meet then, lol. Hope to see you both around there then, I should be up there for about 9 ish. Day off work so have no intention of getting up too early :)

Im setting off in 30mins to go see if I can find local waxwings as I had 2 pms about their whereabouts do hope I find them this year this year being my forth, searching (y)

Im setting off in 30mins to go see if I can find local waxwings as I had 2 pms about their whereabouts do hope I find them this year this year being my forth, searching (y)

Good luck

Regards

Richard

Sounds as though Scotland and some of the isles are the best bet, they're reporting flocks of 300 and more. Lets hope that when they've eaten all the berries up there they'll make their way down here.

Any Joy Dave?
I managed to capture a few in Colne this afternoon, 20+ in the surrounding trees.
Sun came out for 10 mins (y)

No Neil, no luck yet went to Adlington for 1hr this morning and again 1-1/2hr this afternoon :( also had a search around Chorley to most of the rowan trees nothing as yet, goin out with a friend tomorrow (y) and have another good search,, if I cant find any by sunday may nip over your way if you fancy a meet

No Neil, no luck yet went to Adlington for 1hr this morning and again 1-1/2hr this afternoon :( also had a search around Chorley to most of the rowan trees nothing as yet, goin out with a friend tomorrow (y) and have another good search,, if I cant find any by sunday may nip over your way if you fancy a meet

Yeah ok no problem.. I'll let you know if anymore reports arrive tomorrow..
PM me your mobile number just in case (y)

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=3121277#post3121277

Last edited:
I think the 2 recorded up Cannock chase were in a bloody pet shop,wandering around there all day and nothing,oh well maybe next time.(lol)

Great shot Dave - just got back from seeing about 40 at Barrow, will post when I have had a look at them (if there are any keepers lol) Where did you see yours ??

Back