WordPress Photography Themes

Name
Richard @ HeroThemes.com
Edit My Images
No
Greetings, Richard from HeroThemes here, a premium WordPress theme developer producing photography themes for individuals and agencies.

There are lots of queries on this forum regarding website solutions for photography, the options and how best to present your portfolio online. For those of you considering WordPress as a solution, we can help.

We currently offer three premium themes designed specifically for Photographers:

Moda - For fashion and portrait photography, our latest theme looks great on any device and includes video integration, sliders and various gallery layouts.

Focal - Our best selling photography theme, with full-screen, image focussed design and simple, clean navigation.

Ceremony - Developed for wedding and event photographers, elegant design with an integrated proofing system to let your clients review shoots.

Unlike other generic themes, these are Photographer-centric themes that are designed to put your creations at the focus of the site, while still offering the flexibility and functionality of WordPress. Using the intuitive Heroic Gallery Manager in all our photography themes, lets you set up and organise your galleries in minutes.

For those of you still undecided by WordPress, which now powers about over 20% of all site on the internet you may wish to look here, here and here. Things have come along way since WordPress purely as a blogging platform.

So, regardless of if you are new to WordPress or now want to take your site to the next level, be sure to consider premium Hero Themes photography themes for WordPress.

Happy to help with any queries in this thread regarding our WordPress premium themes and plugins. Feedback, comments and suggestions also warmly appreciated, we are always looking to engage with real users and photographers to help you get the best out of your photography online, improving and developing our own products.

Staff Edit: Authorised Post

Hi Richard,

Great timing, I was investigating a couple of these themes yesterday as I'm on the lookout for a new, modern, responsive theme for my tired old website.

Is there any way to try these themes out? I'm not a complex logic problem solving kind of person, so the theme needs to be easy to configure, tweak and maintain, unfortunately I probably need hands on playtime to discover if I'm able to make it work well. I'm happy to pay in advance, but would like the reassurance that I could easily get a refund if it all proves too much for my simple little brain.

I've only had a quick look so far, so apologies if this has already been covered on the themes' pages. Do they have multi-size image support? I'd like my photos to look good on a 27" screen, but I don't want to force smartphone viewers into having to download large image files over a slow mobile connections.

Many thanks.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your interest in our themes. All the themes have a demo, just click on the live preview to see what is possible. I appreciate your point about a test drive the administration and management to ensure it works for you. The themes are well documented a designed to be as user-friendly as possible, we also provide user support to help out where something is not working.

Having said that, if you purchase the theme and do decide it's not right for you, then simply send me PM on here and I'll process a refund you. As I said, we are eager to engage with 'real' users and photographers, so your support is appreciated.

In answer to your query regarding multi-size image support, yes, they do. Having looked at your portfolio, I think our Moda theme would work great for you, it offers a number of different gallery layouts and automatic image scaling for mobile devices (see the sales blurb for how this works).

If you have any more queries, please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

All the best,

Richard @ HeroThemes

Hi Richard,

Regarding your galleries, do they support the displaying of a large number of photos front end and back end management side? Also, I can see the order of the photos can be rearranged by drag 'n' drop, but what about other options to speed up the ordering of a large number of photos e.g. by filename or file timestamp?

The Moda one is very nice and almost exactly what I was looking for a couple of months ago! :(

Hi Richard,

Regarding your galleries, do they support the displaying of a large number of photos front end and back end management side? Also, I can see the order of the photos can be rearranged by drag 'n' drop, but what about other options to speed up the ordering of a large number of photos e.g. by filename or file timestamp?

Hi Will, Is that a feature you would find useful? Currently the only way to re-order is by the drag n' drop interface, but we could look at improving this.

The Moda one is very nice and almost exactly what I was looking for a couple of months ago! :(

Hi Amp34, thanks for the feedback, at least we're going in the right direction. What current theme are you using at the moment? What does it do well, any areas it is lacking?

Cheers,

Richard @HeroThemes

Yes. Imagine the scenario where we're hosting a large gallery of images for a client to view. We need to be able to manage them easily and allow the client to view them quickly, potentially from a mobile device, in manageable chunks.

Ideally, I'd like a password protected gallery for clients to view with the option of adding rating/comments to.

Yes. Imagine the scenario where we're hosting a large gallery of images for a client to view. We need to be able to manage them easily and allow the client to view them quickly, potentially from a mobile device, in manageable chunks.

Ideally, I'd like a password protected gallery for clients to view with the option of adding rating/comments to.

Have you seen our Ceremony theme, that has an inbuilt proofing manager that allows clients to view and rate images in a password protected gallery?

I've just bought the 'Moda' theme, currently having a play about with it in 'offline' mode so to speak.. looks great so far. :)

Back