Wordpress 'theme' install help required

Name
Edward
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I currently have a web/blogsite (wordpress 'pro photo 3') set up for general photography but i'd like to have another separate site for pursuing portrait photography.

This is the theme i'd like, found it via themeforest and the name is 'core minimalist photography portfolio'

http://themeforest.net/item/core-minimalist-photog...

I've decided on an domain name for the business but need some advice on what to do next with regards to buying and setting up this theme (my current hosting package allows for another domain name). It costs about £30 for the theme and on theme forest there is an option to purchase the theme but do I need to download another version of wordpress or can I run it from the current wordpress I have at the moment.

In laymen's terms, is there any kind sole out the who could run through things with me, and i'd be more than happy to pay for any time.

Thanks

Ed:)

Its easy enough mate, Upgrade to latest wordpress by logging in and one-click (upgrade wordpress)

Then download the theme, unzip it to its main folder (themname) upload the entire folder to:

site/wp-content/themes

goto themes menu in WP and it should be there for you to enable, easy

Its easy enough mate, Upgrade to latest wordpress by logging in and one-click (upgrade wordpress)

Then download the theme, unzip it to its main folder (themname) upload the entire folder to:

site/wp-content/themes

goto themes menu in WP and it should be there for you to enable, easy

Yep, nice and simple.

I currently have a web/blogsite (wordpress 'pro photo 3') set up for general photography but i'd like to have another separate site for pursuing portrait photography.
I've decided on an domain name for the business but need some advice on what to do next with regards to buying and setting up this theme (my current hosting package allows for another domain name). It costs about £30 for the theme and on theme forest there is an option to purchase the theme but do I need to download another version of wordpress or can I run it from the current wordpress I have at the moment.

As your hosting account allows for another domain to be added then at least that element is sorted. Your web host will be able to provide you with specific guidance on how to add this additional website onto your account. Best raise a support ticket with them for that part.

To use another theme for this new website you'll need to treat it as a completely separate WordPress install. So, yes, you may need to download the latest version of WordPress if you don't already have it. You will then need to upload the WordPress files and install as per the supplied instructions. Your web host may have a quick install facility for WordPress (e.g. Fantastico or equivalent). So, it might be worth checking this with them first.

Installing the theme involves uploading the theme files to your WordPress wp-content/themes directory and then activating the theme from within your wp-admin/themes.php page.

Thanks for your advice all of you!

I'll give it a go and see what happens, but am easily bamboozled when ftp's etc etc are mentioned.

Ed

Back