World Cup Goodness

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone else enjoying this so far? England doing the usual but the rest of it is quite enjoyable!

me :D

England were rubbish. :(

Only grip I have about the world cup... I can't get the stanley cup results (Ice Hockey)

But yer but no but yer

Some of the football from some of the "unknowns" has been really good. I drew Togo in the sweepstake at work and watched them play the other day and even when one was red carded they still played their hearts out.

The kids (who are English) have enjoyed watching tonight - but gosh it was a poor game imho.

Maybe we should organise a TPF meet for next weekend at the airport to welcome the boys home?

I get paid a damned sight less than them and if I performed in my job as they did tonight I'd be on a written warning in the morning.

Sorry, I know I'm in the minority, but football bores the ****t out of me.

I'm also pretty disgusted at the blatant racism going on up here at the moment (being a sasenach).

Glad we are through but a performance like that against one of the better teams then we will be on our way home.

Bachs said:
I'm also pretty disgusted at the blatant racism going on up here at the moment (being a sasenach).

Got to agree Bachs - being in the debatable lands "on the wall" I notice it a great deal. Yer I support Scotland (so I'm in the minority here)- but I still watch and "support" the other home teams when they play inc Republic of Ireland.

I had to take my hat off to one of the lads in Carlisle with a great big Polish flag on one of the main houses into the city - Good on him - but I do hope some fool doesn't torch it!

People walking around dressed in England flags unfortunately incitestrouble wherever they are, as it does when the Tarten Army turn up in the Saltaire.

Its funny at the Ice Hockey World Cup matches quite often there is no splitting of fans into different parts of the rink - Is it the sport or the people I sometimes wonder?

Bachs said:

Now now! :nono:

I lived in sunny England for three years and can tell you that racism is alive and well in that green an pleasant land.

That said I agree that the backlash against what really is an English media (and deserves an amount of criiticism) in Scotland is reaching unbearable heights.

May I wish the England team well and hope they reach the final!

I will however then have a 42" plasma for sale as TV will become unwatchable.:LOL:

Gary Jocko Williamson

Well I'm enjoying it, some really good football being displayed so far, with Spain being a real surprise, finally playing to the level their talent suggests they should.

Football is so gay it makes Julian Clary look like Rambo.

Far too many drama queens in the game these days. Every time - and I mean EVERY time anybody loses possession, they're immediately on the floor grabbing their own shin. YOU'VE GOT SHIN GUARDS ON FOR ****S SAKE?!

If there's no blood, then you ain't hurt. What exactly are they paying this bunch o' fairies for??

Metatarsal, my arse.

</rant>

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

nice

Top Tip for Owen, next time someone knocks on your door and asks you to buy some lucky heather...BUY SOME!!!!!!!:eek:

Goal of the tournament?

I think that one should go to ghana for scoring in the first 2minutes!

I think he bought the lucky heather, just forgot to get the surgical knee brace from 'that' catologue that comes with the daily mail!

We were a bit iffy again but at least we miss the Germans in the next round........probably have the embarrassment of getting knockout by Ecuador:shake:

P-E said:
We were a bit iffy again

Just looking up "understatement" ;)

Keltic Ice Man said:
Only grip I have about the world cup... I can't get the stanley cup results (Ice Hockey)

But yer but no but yer

Some of the football from some of the "unknowns" has been really good. I drew Togo in the sweepstake at work and watched them play the other day and even when one was red carded they still played their hearts out.

The kids (who are English) have enjoyed watching tonight - but gosh it was a poor game imho.

Unfortunately the Stanley Cup holds no interest for me these days (I support the Penguins)

matty said:
goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

nice

Top Tip for Owen, next time someone knocks on your door and asks you to buy some lucky heather...BUY SOME!!!!!!!:eek:

LOL :LOL:

Gandhi said:
Goal of the tournament?

I think that one should go to ghana for scoring in the first 2minutes!

I think he bought the lucky heather, just forgot to get the surgical knee brace from 'that' catologue that comes with the daily mail!

Maybe they should film him hobbling down the surgical support aisle in Asda, instead of running along to buy a takeaway...

For what it is worth I thought there were a few displays of decent football from Engerland last night but I still do not see a team that can go all the way. Would love to be proved wrong.

Would like to thank ITV for not being too partisan last night. Usually watch an England game with the sound down :puke: :LOL:

Catdaddy said:
Maybe they should film him hobbling down the surgical support aisle in Asda, instead of running along to buy a takeaway...

LOL, they showed that advert straight after the game! kinda doesnt work now. Poor bloke though :crying:
well played in the first half i thought then the real players stayed in the dressing rooms and they brought out their look-a-likes to play the second half. :cautious: that can be the only expaination. they just all stood there as the goals slowing drifted past :bang:

The best bit was the Honda advert; you know the one, 'the impossible dream' with the hot air balloon coming up through the huge falls at the end. They’ve changed all the colours to the St Georges flag, and given us a little Karaoke bar at the bottom so that we can all sing along.

Excellent. :LOL:

First time I've ever arraigned a footy TV evening for footy type mates at my house. Apart from the actual game which I thought was great, stressful yes, but it turned out ok didn't it...just. Apart from that, the thing that amazed me the most was how much my friends slagged of each player whenever they weren’t perfect...I thought I new my friends but apparently there all professional footballers in there spare time....If I keep watching will this happen to me...:eek:

help.:LOL:

that honda as is great!

erm...

Theo Wallcott, why didnt sven give him 80 mins last night, at least we could see if hes any good

matty said:
that honda as is great!

erm...

Theo Wallcott, why didnt sven give him 80 mins last night, at least we could see if hes any good

As David Baddiel said... maybe Sven has realised that it probably ain't a particularly good idea to field a player that he doesn't know in the World Cup... especially when the player in question comes recommended by... a Frenchman...

Not long now England V Portugal.:)

Hope we (England) not only win but produce a performance that doesn't send me to sleep:shrug:

I hope it's not settled on penalties:nono:

Come on England.......:clap:

Lets have the performance we all know you can produce (y)

markgray said:
Come on England.......:clap:

Lets have the performance we all know you can produce (y)

I'd like to hope for the performance they SHOULD produce and not the one they normally produce.

:bang: maybe they will do it in the second half :help:

omfg we must be cursed...

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Gandhi said:
I don't think I can watch much more!
I don't think you'll have to. ;) :(

still trying though!

commentaters thing they might even score from a set play...bless..

matty said:
still trying though!

commentaters thing they might even score from a set play...bless..

It's their best chance :shrug:

penalties now

oh no penalties :bang:

O no:eek: not penalties........am ready to spit my dummy out

Back