World Triathlon Series - Leeds

Edit My Images
Yes
AJ Bell World Triathlon Championship Series

Hello, I went to the World Triathlon series that took place in Leeds last weekend to cheer on my nephew who was taking part in the youth category . Whilst there, I managed to capture some pictures of the Elite Male race.
I’ve never shot a triathlon before so this was my first attempt and 90% of the images were shot using my Nikon Z6II and Nikon AF S 200-500 f5.6.
Would welcome any feedback on the images as I’m keen to improve. Thanks!

You will probably get more comment if you post pictures rather than a link and also post them in the 'Photos" section rather than 'Talk' :)

Hello, I went to the World Triathlon series that took place in Leeds last weekend to cheer on my nephew who was taking part in the youth category . Whilst there, I managed to capture some pictures of the Elite Male race.
I’ve never shot a triathlon before so this was my first attempt and 90% of the images were shot using my Nikon Z6II and Nikon AF S 200-500 f5.6.
Sharp, in-focus, well exposed. What's not to like. I think you have done a really good job.

You will probably get more comment if you post pictures rather than a link and also post them in the 'Photos" section rather than 'Talk' :)
Thanks. Far too many to post individually but good point about posting it in the photos forum - you’d think having been a member here for 10+ years, I’d know which forum to post in

Lots of good images there. I'm intrigued about your website address. Maroon and Green are the colours of Edinburgh's football teams.
My father was a renowned footballer in the late 60s/early 70s in India. The club he played for is still one of India’s top football clubs and the club colours are maroon and green and their fans affectionately refer to themselves as the maroon & green army. I lost both my parents to COVID last year and therefore thought I’d name my site maroon and green as photography has helped me cope with my grief.

I lost both my parents to COVID last year and therefore thought I’d name my site maroon and green as photography has helped me cope with my grief.
Really sorry to hear that :(

Really sorry to hear that :(
Thank you. Lost them both within 11 days of each other which was tough. Made tougher by the fact I was then unable to travel to carry out the final rites. It’s after that that I picked my photography up again as it really helps my mental health - I’m in a happy place when i’m taking pictures

My father was a renowned footballer in the late 60s/early 70s in India. The club he played for is still one of India’s top football clubs and the club colours are maroon and green and their fans affectionately refer to themselves as the maroon & green army. I lost both my parents to COVID last year and therefore thought I’d name my site maroon and green as photography has helped me cope with my grief.
Really sorry to hear that but what a lovely tribute. Hope me asking didn't cause any upset and I will always remember the story of a team called the maroon and greens when I am at my next Hibs game shooting at the maroon side of Edinburgh and for the green side.

Really sorry to hear that but what a lovely tribute. Hope me asking didn't cause any upset and I will always remember the story of a team called the maroon and greens when I am at my next Hibs game shooting at the maroon side of Edinburgh and for the green side.
No upset caused and I am really glad you asked and you're the first person who has asked (I've only recently set the site up). I had a look at your site - amazing pictures. Hope to be as good or close to as good as you one day!!

Never easy to access the "best spots" for shooting any event. Just had a look at some of your other work, especially the Roundhay Parkrun. No matter how many other images you take at this venue, you'll never beat the one with the curving path and the stream of runners coming towards you. THAT'S a capture to be proud of.

Never easy to access the "best spots" for shooting any event. Just had a look at some of your other work, especially the Roundhay Parkrun. No matter how many other images you take at this venue, you'll never beat the one with the curving path and the stream of runners coming towards you. THAT'S a capture to be proud of.
Oh WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my other work. That Roundhay Parkrun album's received a LOT of love from the participants! Not sure how true it is, but apparently, that part of my Facebook page has "reached" over 5,000 people......no idea what that means but I'm just glad that people have the opportunity to enjoy their images of running/walking without having buy the images for an extortionate amount like the official companies usually charge as running events.

Oh WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my other work. That Roundhay Parkrun album's received a LOT of love from the participants! Not sure how true it is, but apparently, that part of my Facebook page has "reached" over 5,000 people......no idea what that means but I'm just glad that people have the opportunity to enjoy their images of running/walking without having buy the images for an extortionate amount like the official companies usually charge as running events.
Totally agree, but ... it would be "nice" if more runners took the time to type in a few words of thanks rather than just tap "LIKE"

Totally agree, but ... it would be "nice" if more runners took the time to type in a few words of thanks rather than just tap "LIKE"
agree!! Photography seems to be a very thankless job. Unless of course i’m guessing you’re a wedding tog, in which case hopefully the married couple show some appreciation of the work that goes in to capturing their special day.

but I'm just glad that people have the opportunity to enjoy their images of running/walking without having buy the images for an extortionate amount like the official companies usually charge as running events.

If only the rest of the world had your attitude :) I would love not to ahve to pay the guy who fixes my car.. it costs me a fortune.. if only someone could do it for free.... have you been in ASDA lately.. cost me a fortune last time.. if only someone gave it all away for free... and dont get me started on fuel or gas and electric... Be lovely if we could gte it all for free... just not enough people around willing to put the time and effort in to make it all free and stop all these people making an honest living :)

If only the rest of the world had your attitude :) I would love not to ahve to pay the guy who fixes my car.. it costs me a fortune.. if only someone could do it for free.... have you been in ASDA lately.. cost me a fortune last time.. if only someone gave it all away for free... and dont get me started on fuel or gas and electric... Be lovely if we could gte it all for free... just not enough people around willing to put the time and effort in to make it all free and stop all these people making an honest living :)

What he said.

Hello Kipax. Didn’t realise you were in this group too? You’ve already had a go at me in another group when I asked for some advice. Didn’t realise you’d pop up here too to lecture me. Were you the one that told me I shouldn’t feel guilty for charging charities? Yes I have been to Asda and also filled my car. I also don’t do photography for money or to earn a living but that doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t share my work with people in fear of offending people like yourself. I am not shooting pro sports like you do - I am shooting grassroots sports who otherwise wouldn’t have a professional covering their matches, so I don’t really see the issue? If people like you are concerned about amateurs like me stopping you from making an honest living, then I’m sorry, that says more about your own insecurity than my photography. I’ve been a member of this group for many years and it’s always been a friendly group. Your comment on this thread isn’t actually anything about my actual photos but you still felt the need to post a sarcastic/patronising comment.

That's a great set of photos I'd be happy with those all day long.

Hello Kipax. Didn’t realise you were in this group too? You’ve already had a go at me in another group when I asked for some advice. Didn’t realise you’d pop up here too to lecture me. Were you the one that told me I shouldn’t feel guilty for charging charities? Yes I have been to Asda and also filled my car. I also don’t do photography for money or to earn a living but that doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t share my work with people in fear of offending people like yourself. I am not shooting pro sports like you do - I am shooting grassroots sports who otherwise wouldn’t have a professional covering their matches, so I don’t really see the issue? If people like you are concerned about amateurs like me stopping you from making an honest living, then I’m sorry, that says more about your own insecurity than my photography. I’ve been a member of this group for many years and it’s always been a friendly group. Your comment on this thread isn’t actually anything about my actual photos but you still felt the need to post a sarcastic/patronising comment.

So firstly you attack working photographers in general and then, when someone objects, you attack them as well.

Nice attitude.

PS- if you "don’t do photography for money" why have you got a price list for portrait sessions, events and sports photography on your website?

And why are you advertising yourself as a freelance photographer available for hire?

Hello Kipax. Didn’t realise you were in this group too? You’ve already had a go at me in another group when I asked for some advice.

When people ask for advice I offer advice.. they may or may not like it. what i dont do is have ago at poeple when they ask for advice.. so please dont accuse me of it :(

Didn’t realise you’d pop up here too to lecture me

I ahve no way of knowing who you are or if your somewhere else

. Were you the one that told me I shouldn’t feel guilty for charging charities?

correct you shouldnt.. thats ghood advice

I also don’t do photography for money or to earn a living but that doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t share my work with people

thats NOT the problem,,, the problem is when you announce that your giving your pics away for free so people dont have to pay the official photographer which is what you said and what i quoted.. because that is just plain wrong :(

in fear of offending people like yourself. I am not shooting pro sports like you do - I am shooting grassroots sports

I make a living from shooting grass roots sport.... facts :)

who otherwise wouldn’t have a professional covering their matches, so I don’t really see the issue?

The issue is that you posted "but I'm just glad that people have the opportunity to enjoy their images of running/walking without having buy the images for an extortionate amount like the official companies usually charge as running events."

Thats the issue..

If people like you are concerned about amateurs like me stopping you from making an honest living, then I’m sorry, that says more about your own insecurity than my photography.

Wrong

I’ve been a member of this group for many years and it’s always been a friendly group. Your comment on this thread isn’t actually anything about my actual photos but you still felt the need to post a sarcastic/patronising comment.

no its not about your photos because this is a discussion part of the forum .. you r in the wrong part if your not looking to talk.... its called talk sport :)

Next ? :)

@KIPAX @DemiLion so you hunt in pairs? How cute..... :ROFLMAO: You've got far too much time on your hands if you have the time to disect my post and respond individually. I am not actually going to give either of the satisfaction of reading and responding to anything you've said as it's pointless. Not going to bother wasting any time on either of you. I like this group - there are nice, helpful people, then there are people like you, who instead of helping amateurs to improve just attack. I'll keep doing what I am doing - you keep doing what you do. Enough cr*p in the world happening for me to waste any time on toxic people. Have a good evening.

@KIPAX @DemiLion so you hunt in pairs? How cute..... :ROFLMAO: You've got far too much time on your hands if you have the time to disect my post and respond individually. I am not actually going to give either of the satisfaction of reading and responding to anything you've said as it's pointless. Not going to bother wasting any time on either of you. I like this group - there are nice, helpful people, then there are people like you, who instead of helping amateurs to improve just attack. I'll keep doing what I am doing - you keep doing what you do. Enough cr*p in the world happening for me to waste any time on toxic people. Have a good evening.

I don't have a problem with amateur photographers and I'm more than happy to help them if they want me to.

What I have a problem with is hypocrisy; ie someone advertising themselves as a freelance photographer who then has a pop at other photographers for their rates.

More to the point you made it clear that you are actively seeking to undermine people who are trying to earn a living.

Noting wrong with an amateur shooting and event for free and giving their shots away if there isn't anyone working there.
But to expressly give away your images because you think that the companies charge to much is an entirely different matter.

@KIPAX @DemiLion I am not actually going to give either of the satisfaction of reading and responding to anything you've said as it's pointless.

eeerm

Not going to bother wasting any time on either of you. I like this group - there are nice, helpful people, then there are people like you, who instead of helping amateurs to improve just attack.

If you post anywhere saying you are giving pictures away for free so people dont have to pay the pros for them then your going to get a response.. I responded i didnt attack.. although it was put in an amusing yet admittedly sarcastic way :) and that does seem to have upset you for some reason. But then again your posts didnt exactly feel good to me so... ?

I'll keep doing what I am doing - you keep doing what you do. Enough cr*p in the world happening for me to waste any time on toxic people. Have a good evening.

Well you seem to be doing what you said you wouldn't... Also I dont appreciate the name calling and the personal insults... I havent done that to you so please dont do it to me..

Back