Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day **RESULTS**

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Don't forget it's Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day click here today the 25th April.

Any kind of pinhole camera can be used, film or digital so get one, build one or borrow one and join in (y)

Must stick another roll through the Holga WPC for that one...

I'm getting to like these pinhole shots... :D

Must stick another roll through the Holga WPC for that one...

I'm getting to like these pinhole shots... :D

That's how I want to scan my pinhole negs, I'm assuming that's a 6 x18 neg. What scanner/software combination do you use to scan the whole neg.

I use a Canoscan 8800F and the bundled Silverfast SE software. The Neg. Carrier for 120 film has a opening that'll take 57mm x 218mm, and if it's in that opening, the scanner can pull it in as a single frame if needs be. The only real problem with such big expanses of film is that you need to ensure your negs are as flat as possible, as the carrier isn't the best at keeping things straight and level. There's a company in america that makes a better carrier, adjustable height and with a slab of ANR glass that holds the neg's straight and flat, but it's not really worth it for me, scanning holga stuff :shrug:

I'll try and remember to give my homemade 5x4 pinhole a go for the big occasion.
Does anyone know if IR works with pinhole as well, or would the f number be different with the higher wavelenght?

I think I#ll just stick some HP5 in and use that

urely IOS 4-6 is way too slow for a pinhole, how many elephants can you actually count to without having an episode?

Also it's glossy surface, which probably won't help matters.

It doe's look interesting though, and is probably worth a try

If you download the datasheet it gives various times but starting from around 2 minutes. There is a lustre version too and also a Fibre based glossy version too. Approx Grade 3.5 but it gives some info for pre-flashing if you want to soften contrast.

120 elephants to start with - that's Billy Smarts entire 1970's circus and most of Hannibals Trans Alpine Pachyderm Team to organise!

well it says 1-2 minutes on a bright sunny day. But if its indoors with a lit room, then maybe an hour. I thought that was what pinhole photography was all about. It gives you time to contemplate your navel while the exposure is happening.

A few shots from the roll of colour film I put through my Zero Image Pinhole camera for Worldwide Pinhole Day, I eventually went with this one...
4595639015_d77dd3c6bd.jpg

Taken for Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day 25/4/10 on a Zero Image 6x9 Multi Format, Pinhole 0.18mm, Kodak Ektar 100, 15 seconds exposure (approx) at the Elephant Boatyard, Burseldon, Hampshire, UK. processed by Peak Imaging and scaned on a Nikon 9000, no tweaking, just as it appears from the scan.

More info and photos from Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day can be found here... www.pinholeday.org/gallery/]

Here's some of the others,

4596251294_9f0f02e144.jpg

4596252072_2d201e6e76.jpg

4595636665_357b76b361.jpg

4596253102_6b17a65779.jpg

4596253478_c4dec893c7.jpg

Back