Wot - no Avatar??

You are very welcome!!! :love: to you too!!!! :D

mine is just a pic i took of wispy stuff on a spiders web in photoshop i made the back ground dark and it was all colourful which u cant see on the avatar:( but i like it

mine is just a pic i took of wispy stuff on a spiders web in photoshop i made the back ground dark and it was all colourful which u cant see on the avatar:( but i like it

Definitely puts you in the creative inspiration class, Toothie. Subtle and very nice.

My perfect avatar must be out there somewhere :shrug:

It's great to read your thoughts guys and girls - many thanks for sharing them. I will I will I will I will I will get an avatar sooooooooonish .... :bonk:

For mine, I use the only shot that I've ever taken that is in focus. I don't claim to be entirely responsible for that though.
"Rodney the Rodent" worked out where I needed to stand, moved backwards and forwards until he thought the composition and focus would be correct and then said "cheese".

He had the RC-1N release under his hind leg and bingo.

I've just bought him some low light glass and a bag of walnuts for the winter evenings...I'll let you know how he gets on with them.

Rodney's Tripod...aka Bob

(y) mines nearly always one of my kids..
just keep changing everytime i change my mind about a picture..:naughty:

Elsewhere (in non-photography related forums) I am known as Demrog

Demrog is an orc

the pic is an orc

ummm

:coat:

Mine's me, taken by my brother and run through a Warholizer.:)

I don't know what that would symbolise though, I'll have to ask my psychiatrist. :D

Mine's just a random hound that makes me smile.:D I'm into cars and love dogs, so it seem to suit me. I use the same avatar on other forums too - but that's just a lack of imagination! :LOL:

Teccy help always on hand JG, you just need to make your mind up what you want to use.;)

Mine is of my 2 cats, not a good pic at full size as they have 'green eye' but it is one of the only pic's i have of the both of them together (where they are not fighting) lol.
I'm cat mad - and my old helmet used to have 'nic the cat' on the side, my name is Nic so i chose that as a user name. - not that we are talking user names - i'll shut up now!

My favourite sport!

Also change them at any whim!

Mine is me, wishing I was a lot better at footie. I love playing but spend most of my time running around like a headless chicken. My knees are starting to hurt, so my "career" is coming to an end.

Photo taken by kendo (of this forum).

If you were really bored you would have noticed I changed mine three times in the last hour!

So you are really not stuck with it for life!:LOL::bonk:

Loadsa creative people here - I've really enjoyed reading your posts :clap:

At last - inspiration has struck (well, not so much struck as tapped lightly :LOL:)

I've found an image that says it all for me and I'll have a go at posting it tomorrow - it's a bit late now and a late boozy night yesterday has caught up with me. :eek:

Teccy help always on hand JG, you just need to make your mind up what you want to use.;)

:help: :amstupid: :ty: Brown or white??

There. Finally got me an avatar. ;) In the end, I used a .gif instead of a .jpg and it finally worked. Hallelujah, and pass the mashed potatoes.

- CJ

LOL. For some reason, every time I upload a new avatar I get a message saying that the upload has failed, when in fact it doesn't. :shrug:

Nope - it's the monkey in the engine room. ;)

LOL. For some reason, every time I upload a new avatar I get a message saying that the upload has failed, when in fact it doesn't. :shrug:

CT, I get the same message -- and I'm only one glass in, so I'm sure of what I saw. ;)

- CJ

Damn, that means I'm going to have to go look at things and tinker...lol

Marcel, your avatar looks exactly like someone I know who lives in Canada. It's uncanny. A bit disturbing, actually. LOL.

I've just searched for Kelack on google - just to see what was around and apparently there is a character in a fantasy game called Kelack - spooky - off to try and find a piccie of it for my avatar :D

Ok - wait for it - I've done it, I've done it, I've done it :)

My avatar is ........

AN AUBERGINE ....

I invested 99p in a small aubergine plant in the spring. I planted it tenderly in the greehouse, watered and fed it diligently, clucked over it like a mother hen when the tomatoes went a-over-t with blight, admired its mass of very pretty pinkish flowers, and got really excited when a fruit started to form. I've defended it from slugs, dogs, grandchildren, and the ridicule of the assistant gardener until, finally, on Friday I harvested it (yes, there was only one fruit :bang:) and THIS IS IT!

As I gazed admiringly at it, it dawned on me that the experience of growing a hot-country plant in the worst summer we've ever had is a bit like my photography.

A 'TRIUMPH' OF MODEST RESULTS OVER UNBRIDLED OPTIMISM :bonk:

PS I don't suppose you can eat it raw - so now I'll have to find out how to cook it :LOL:

LOVIN' the AUBERGINE!!!!!!!

:love:

how to cook it!

Slice it about (1cm thick slices), sprinkle with salt. leave for 20 mins to sweat, then rinse.

pat dry and fry with a little olive oil in shallow frying pan or dip slices in batter and deep fry! YUMMY

Tis I many moons ago, blowing my own trumpet, start as you mean to go on I say.

Mine is my ex-cat who was the grumpiest cat ever. He's out of focus because the camera chose to focus on the plughole on the wall behind him - rather than risk breaking its lens looking too hard at his scowling face. :|

not very original but thats my face stage left one of my doggier moments though !

Back