Would Cactus triggers be the best option ?

Name
Phil aka Phiggys
Edit My Images
No
Hi I have a number of both old and new speedlighs Canon Olympus but mostly Nikon and would like to be able to control and mix the guns.
The snag being in our meet up group we have users from most the camera manufacturers so I know your able to mix different speed lights and get ttl with Cactus triggers from what I have read up on.
But would they give manual control of individual flashes in manual ?
Or maybe you can recommend a better trigger system I really want the members to be able to use and use manual flash rather than just ttl.

I've just got a set of Cactus. Not really experienced with them, but not sure about using them with very old speedlights. They are pre-programmed with a lot of makes and models, and apparently can 'learn', but may be worth looking at the videos. I think they work best in ttl, but I may be wrong. I'm still learning!

I had some Cactus V5's and I have to say I was not impressed with them at all. I now use Yongnou 622 triggers with a Yongnou TX transmitter on the camera's hot shoe. With this set up I can set flash groups, mix and match manual/TTL lights and control everything from the camera without having to go over to each and every speed light. This is a versatile set up and the options are endless, providing you have enough triggers of course. One of the best things about Yongnuo triggers is the cost, they are don't cost a fortune, and whilst they may not be as sturdy as Pocket Wizards (which cost several times more) the Yongnou range is pretty strong and robust. Give them a look - you may be pleasantly surprised.

AFAIK, no other brand of trigger is going to give TTL or remote power control over a multitude of speedlight brands. If this is a necessity, then the V6 is probably the only answer.

As far as I'm aware, neither the Cactus V6 MK 1 or MK 2 support TTL wirelessly. Both types support TTL via pass through on the hotshot and the Mk 2's also support the use of TTL flashes that the MK 1 didn't support.

Back