Beginner Would this be any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am totally out of digital cameras otherwise I would send one to Richard gratis. I have a few film ones but that would be a move in the wrong direction.

Does anyone have something on the shelf that would be better than what he is bidding on and are willing just to pass it on?
I gave my canon d500 with kit lens and a few bits to the lad next door a few weeks ago for nothing, so I'm out of spares.

:thinking::thinking::thinking: But the original one the OP linked to is still there for £23 “buy it now”! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I confess I’m always puzzled by the use of won for buy :(.

Last edited:
Super now you can start taking bookings for your wedding photography business !!

I confess I’m always puzzled by the use of won for buy :(.
Me too. It almost makes sense in the case of a Dutch auction but not on eBay... :thinking:

So he starts a thread asking if a camera for £25 is a good deal, to mixed responses. Then he goes and buys the exact same model for £60...

Half decent entertainment for us I suppose.

Me too. It almost makes sense in the case of a Dutch auction but not on eBay... :thinking:
I can understand saying “I won the auction” because in some sense you have but people don’t seem to say that but instead say they “won” some item which I think encourages the wrong mind set, which possibly is illustrated in this thread :(.

I can understand saying “I won the auction” because in some sense you have but people don’t seem to say that but instead say they “won” some item which I think encourages the wrong mind set, which possibly is illustrated in this thread :(.
All part of the Ebay marketing hype....... Their stuff encourages this mentality of “winning” as opposed to “buying” to keep people coming back......
For example:

All part of the Ebay marketing hype....... Their stuff encourages this mentality of “winning” as opposed to “buying” to keep people coming back......
It's hard to fault a capitalist business for being a capitalist business.

On the other hand, there's a lot to be said for enforcing a policy of responsible business practice. Perhaps they should have to change their code so that having entered your bid, it cannot be altered?

It's hard to fault a capitalist business for being a capitalist business.

On the other hand, there's a lot to be said for enforcing a policy of responsible business practice. Perhaps they should have to change their code so that having entered your bid, it cannot be altered?
Let’s have a law that says they have to substitute “successful bid” for “winning bid” for five years and see if it makes a difference ;).

You're looking at it from the wrong side. For ebay it's the 'winning' bid every time - all the way to the bank. :ty:

I think I can remember a time when you couldn't type ebay without it turning into a link, hence I've been calling them evil bay. Or maybe that was another forum.

I saw a mini Canon bridge camera type thingy in a cash converter type shop today, it looked ok for £42 but I'm not sure if it was worth it or not as it's not something I've ever looked at. I thought of Richard though. They also had a newish looking Canon APS-C DSLR for just over £100, proudly sat there with its sensor exposed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back