Wow camera help

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello.

I recently bought an iPhone 12 from wow camera and want to return it they have been messing me around with places to send the return to but the china address I cant send it to because it will get confiscated and Luxembourg I dont want to take the risk to send it to because I cant insure it. Cam anyone advise me on what tp tell them so I can get this sorted ASAP?

Thanks.

Hello.

I recently bought an iPhone 12 from wow camera and want to return it they have been messing me around with places to send the return to but the china address I cant send it to because it will get confiscated and Luxembourg I dont want to take the risk to send it to because I cant insure it. Cam anyone advise me on what tp tell them so I can get this sorted ASAP?

Thanks.
Is it you sending it or them collecting it? Very different.
Ask them to arrange the shipping, it's their problem if it goes wrong then.

Hello.

Thanks.
Their website seems to say all the right things. Why can’t you insure to Luxembourg?

Because its a high value item
But lots of high value items are carried. I’ve just checked DPD and they do up to £5000 to Luxembourg. It may be expensive of course but Wow say they reimburse.

But lots of high value items are carried. I’ve just checked DPD and they do up to £5000 to Luxembourg. It may be expensive of course but Wow say they reimburse.
They told me because I dont want the item anymorw they wont compensate.

They told me because I dont want the item anymorw they wont compensate.
Ah, I see. If you are just rejecting the phone under distance selling 30 day rule I think you would be liable for carriage and so you have to do it to Luxembourg via one of the usual carriers insured of course. I don’t see why you think it would be confiscated or by whom?

Royal mail say because of the lithium battery it would be confiscated

Royal mail say because of the lithium battery it would be confiscated
I think that’s wrong. This page:

Lithium ion / polymer batteries - contained in / connected to equipment / devices >>
(for example rechargeable batteries/cells found in portable electronics such as laptops, mobile phones, iPads, camcorders, cordless power tools etc.)

International & UK destinations - Allowed in the mail, with restrictions and packaging guidelines below:

Parcelforce Worldwide - Euro Economy Drop Shop​

About £75 inc insurance from UK to Luxembourg.

Their prices are quotes without VAT so they are they same as price as buying from Apple etc once VAT has been paid. I‘m guessing you haven’t been charged VAT so I’m inclined to say you should keep your bargain phone. You haven’t said why you want to return it?

Also werwnt there bad things said about the conpany i just found it after i bought it.

Thing is I dont qant to pay 75 max I want to pay is 20 even then.
You've got no chance of posting a valuable item anywhere outside the UK for £20 fully insured

Your best bet would be to sell it on rather than risk them rejecting the return

They said it was from either the uk or Luxembourg
They don’t actually say that on their web site. They say they have a U.K. warehouse. They have no mailing address anywhere that I can see and say they are an “e-commerce retailer” which tells you nothing about them though usually indicates they are China based.

I am not sure how these smuggling operations are run. I thought they they were posting individual parcels from China and playing the odds of them being stopped, when they pay the taxes and take the loss. But if they have a U.K. warehouse perhaps they smuggle them in in bulk and safely post them out from within U.K. , a lot of people here have successfully smuggled cameras into the U.K. by this route :(.

As @wack61 says better to sell it on. Or keep it and use it, as I said earlier, you haven’t said why you want to return it :(.

They don’t actually say that on their web site. They say they have a U.K. warehouse. They have no mailing address anywhere that I can see and say they are an “e-commerce retailer” which tells you nothing about them though usually indicates they are China based.

I am not sure how these smuggling operations are run. I thought they they were posting individual parcels from China and playing the odds of them being stopped, when they pay the taxes and take the loss. But if they have a U.K. warehouse perhaps they smuggle them in in bulk and safely post them out from within U.K. , a lot of people here have successfully smuggled cameras into the U.K. by this route :(.

As @wack61 says better to sell it on. Or keep it and use it, as I said earlier, you haven’t said why you want to return it :(.
Well they gave the the wrong order then when I asked to return it when they confirmed item they said to reject it which wasnt possible and now I am stuck with it, it seems

Well they gave the the wrong order then when I asked to return it when they confirmed item they said to reject it which wasnt possible and now I am stuck with it, it seems
I’m having difficulty understanding what you’ve written. Is there something wrong with the phone or have you just changed your mind because didn’t like it etc?

Basically I wanted the pro and managed to accidentally order the standard.

Basically I wanted the pro and managed to accidentally order the standard.
Ah, been there, done that, though not for a phone.

It‘s one advantage of buying from Apple direct. You can return for no reason and they send courier to pick it up. I did that last time, bought the 11 and they cut the price when the 12 came out so I just returned it and re-bought it without any problems.

Apple do part exchange so it could be worth looking at that. I don’t know what effect it’s coming from China direct will have. You have to give them the serial number (or whatever) to get a quote.

I expect it would be a better deal to sell it as Toni @ancient_mariner says.

Ah, been there, done that, though not for a phone.

It‘s one advantage of buying from Apple direct. You can return for no reason and they send courier to pick it up. I did that last time, bought the 11 and they cut the price when the 12 came out so I just returned it and re-bought it without any problems.

Apple do part exchange so it could be worth looking at that. I don’t know what effect it’s coming from China direct will have. You have to give them the serial number (or whatever) to get a quote.

I expect it would be a better deal to sell it as Toni @ancient_mariner says.
I wouldn't bother with apple part ex. I got a quote for my 2019 16 inch MacBook Pro to part ex against a 13inch last week.
They offered £999. The same laptop is still selling on apple for £3300, and selling second hand for £2k+

Hello.

Thanks.

why did you join a photography forum Friday at 1:30 PM

to ask this question as your first and only post?

why did you join a photography forum Friday at 1:30 PM

to ask this question as your first and only post?
Why not? He was looking for advice and got it.

Let’s see … why did you post that when the answer must be obvious to you?

I wouldn't bother with apple part ex. I got a quote for my 2019 16 inch MacBook Pro to part ex against a 13inch last week.
They offered £999. The same laptop is still selling on apple for £3300, and selling second hand for £2k+
It was a suggestion not a recommendation. There’s a big difference between an ancient laptop and a brand new phone. I don’t expect it would be the best price hence my recommendation to sell it ;).

Why not? He was looking for advice and got it.

Let’s see … why did you post that when the answer must be obvious to you?

because its a photography forum more than anything not a self help page for wow , seems odd and certainly not obvious to me.

lets see i need advice sending a broken lawnmower back to argentina.. humm yes of course TP !

:LOL:

because its a photography forum more than anything not a self help page for wow , seems odd and certainly not obvious to me.

lets see i need advice sending a broken lawnmower back to argentina.. humm yes of course TP !

So what has "Electric Garage Door Controllers" got to do with a photography forum? I wonder who started that thread?

I’ve seen people getting good advice here about plumbing and all sorts. However the iPhone is principally a camera for some people. The OP may be a long time guest reader of the forum and seen what a helpful bunch members are :(

Why on earth did you buy your lawnmower from Argentina?

I’ve seen people getting good advice here about plumbing and all sorts. However the iPhone is principally a camera for some people. The OP may be a long time guest reader of the forum and seen what a helpful bunch members are :(

Why on earth did you buy your lawnmower from Argentina?

long time lurker that must be it !

Back