WRC Wales - Gartheiniog

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
My first time in many years at the WRC, Wales yesterday. What a fantastic day! I chose Gartheiniog as it was a double header and it had the national championship running which was a bonus. Set off from home at 3.30 arrived 6ish, walked past about a mile and a half of cars before I found the entrance! Positioned myself on a hairpin for the first run and a little further down the stage for the 2nd.
Ostberg by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Sordo-1 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Latvala-1 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Evans-1 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Ogier-1 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr
Evans-1-2 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Definitely… the first is a hit in my book! (y)(y)(y)

A whole lot of walking for us on the same stage, Chris. We went pass this hairpin and the next and down to another sweepin bend, lots of people ( one with a sun lounger ! ) - cold but good fun. Think we left the b&b at 5.30, got to the stage at 6.20..3 point turns in the pitch black with a 100m drop one side is scary

Great shots btw - will you go again ?

A whole lot of walking for us on the same stage, Chris. We went pass this hairpin and the next and down to another sweepin bend, lots of people ( one with a sun lounger ! ) - cold but good fun. Think we left the b&b at 5.30, got to the stage at 6.20..3 point turns in the pitch black with a 100m drop one side is scary

Great shots btw - will you go again ?

I didn't mind the walking, actually - I'd taken my new bag that I bought of @minnnt and put a water bladder in it, soup flask and jelly babies so I was sorted. I will most definitely be going by again - I nearly went today and have watched nothing but on YouTube, those drivers have great skill and nerves of steel!

Cheers

Excellent set, good choice of position (y)

No 2 for me also, shows what rallying is all about, might post some of my 80's film shots of the RAC one day!!

Excellent set - that first photo is a cracker. Have always fancied popping down to the rally but don't really know where to start in terms of finding good shooting locations, logistics getting on and off the stages etc.

Nothing prepares like getting there early and walking, especially the first time. You need to arrive early as it's really really busy so even at 6am, you'll have a mile or 2 to walk to the stage. Take hot drinks, warm clothes etc as you won't see a car for a few hours and there's no where to get food, apart from one or 2 caterers on the way in to the stage, before the portaloos

Back