If the first 3 pictures are FF, I notice that the frame edge
is too close to the feet/ hoofs. If not, I would grant more
room at the bottom of the crop.

My picks are 1 and 4.

If the first 3 pictures are FF, I notice that the frame edge
is too close to the feet/ hoofs. If not, I would grant more
room at the bottom of the crop.

My picks are 1 and 4.

Thanks for the comment and advice, much appreciated.

As you wrote you like the PP so no comment on it. But you are standing too tall and you are photographing them top down. Get on your knees or something similar (only if I could remember it myself). Why do people want to play war games is beyond me but such is life :)

As you wrote you like the PP so no comment on it. But you are standing too tall and you are photographing them top down. Get on your knees or something similar (only if I could remember it myself). Why do people want to play war games is beyond me but such is life :)

Lol, I wish I could get on my knees, sadly arthritis in my knees makes it quite difficult, especially trying to get up again lol. They were not playing war games, they were commemorating the people that went through those terrible events and keeping history and our heritage alive.

Lol, I wish I could get on my knees, sadly arthritis in my knees makes it quite difficult, especially trying to get up again lol.
I know the feeling of not getting up again :) But I have become so aware as I started with an "eye level" camera only in the last couple of years and I keep moaning about my photos :dummy:So I hope that by saying it to everyone else I will remember it myself. Go on your knees and stay there.

They were not playing war games, they were commemorating the people that went through those terrible events and keeping history and our heritage alive.
Tee hee hee ... they got dressed in "fancy dress" to commemorate :banana:, I heard it all now. Anyhow, good B&W photos but no comment about the "effects" :rolleyes:

Tee hee hee ... they got dressed in "fancy dress" to commemorate :banana:, I heard it all now. Anyhow, good B&W photos but no comment about the "effects" :rolleyes:

If it were called re-enactment would that help with understanding?

Liking these too. Lots of detail captured also like the pp.
I never got the feeling I were viewing these form a particularly high view point.

Gaz

Nothing wrong with the PP in my eyes, I quite like the set especially #4.

Back