WSBK Donington Park

Name
Jack
Edit My Images
Yes
Another amazing weekend at Donington park with gorgeous weather. hope I did these guys justice in their speed and their bikes.

#1 close up of Ben Godfreys new BMW! beautiful and simple machine.
_DSC4276.JPG

#2 qualifying for Ben with a lot of traction control coming out of Coppice.
_DSC4728.JPG

#3 My panning needs work but a decent shot.
_DSC4864.JPG

#4 Nicky Hayden on an out lap
_DSC4368.JPG

#5 the grinner Tom Sykes
_DSC4374.JPG

more to follow...

#6 First turn at race 1 with Chaz Davies getting the Holeshot
_DSC4575.JPG

#7 PJ Jacobson doing the "museum piece" justice in 2nd position
_DSC5084.JPG

#8 King of the supersports Kenan Sofuoglu wins!! Again!!
_DSC5145.JPG

#9 Gino Rea showing his "one handed" riding on a cool down lap
_DSC5150.JPG

#10 Hayden again on the out lap for race 2
_DSC5213.JPG

#11 Sykes up close
_DSC5226.JPG

#12 Chaz Davies with his colourful lid
_DSC5234.JPG

#13 Johnny Rea being photo bombed by Sykes
_DSC5237.JPG

#14 the team mates battle it out in the closing laps.
_DSC5270.JPG

#15 Gracious in defeat taking second place
_DSC5496.JPG

#16 a great weekend for this man finishing in the top 6 for both race
_DSC5503.JPG

#17 Stunning ride from Leon taking the only MV Agusta into 4th ahead of Hayden
_DSC5518.JPG

#18 just confirming his place as the king of Donington, won both races for the last 4 years running. Safe to say he's a happy chap
_DSC5560.JPG

C&C welcome

I think there is a lot more recorded data in
your files than revealed in your set, Jack!

%234%20Nicky%20Haydenpp.jpg

vs
_dsc4368-jpg.65889

Last edited:
A lot of great moments tension and excitement brilliantly captured there- really well composed and shot. Thanks- very much enjoyed!

Wow there's a lot of images there :) #18 is a great shot, really emotive but just a shame you clipped the wheels at the bottom (just a niggle though). #17 is nice too if a little lacking in contrast. #14 & #15 look good too. The rest im not so sure about... some blown highlights and some pretty angry processing don't help, looks like you were at full crop on a lot which is difficult (and cant really be helped at these big tracks if you dont have an equally big lens). Cant see the settings and equipment you were using but there might be some room for advice there... in terms of the tight crops, this is something I struggle with and getting it right so it doesn't look awkward is an art in itself, some are more successful than others.

I think there is a lot more recorded data in
your files than revealed in your set, Jack!

%234%20Nicky%20Haydenpp.jpg

vs
_dsc4368-jpg.65889

umm sorry to disagree with Kodiak but I'd have to say this edit is not an improvement at all in my eyes... it looks like you were at your lens's focal limit here - if you were shooting jpeg there's not much you can do, but if it was raw you could adjust the highlights and shadows a touch and bump the saturation to stop it looking quite so flat. My personal opinion would be that you'd need to down res this a bit, as at this size the IQ isn't good enough (which happens to all of us - not a criticism, just a fact that when you use a 100% crop any flaws become more obvious).

this edit is not an improvement at all in my eyes
The edit was suggesting. illustrating that there is more
recorded than shown as it NEVER my purpose to tell
anyone how the rendition should finally look like.

if it was raw you could adjust the highlights and shadows a touch and bump the saturation to stop it looking quite so flat.
Thank you for making my point.

Sorry but most of them are just not sharp enough.

15 is the best for me although 11 would have pipped it if you hadn't cropped too much.

Much nicer to see all the bars in a closeup in my opinion.

It was a bad day for photography, blazing sun and a very hot track, I took my Canon 400mm f/5.6 expecting to get some crackers but the heat haze was dreadful

on an overcast day these would have been much sharper I'm sure

I was using a Nikon D3300 with a 55-300m lens, most are tightly cropped and sharpened to become clearer, I'm only a beginner really. yes I shoot a lot of motorsport but I've only been doing it about a year. I only use the basic NX2 viewer to edit my photos so I cant do a lot with them. Thank you for the comments, I seem to struggle mainly on how to crop photos to a good size.

I was using a Nikon D3300 with a 55-300m lens, most are tightly cropped and sharpened to become clearer, I'm only a beginner really. yes I shoot a lot of motorsport but I've only been doing it about a year. I only use the basic NX2 viewer to edit my photos so I cant do a lot with them. Thank you for the comments, I seem to struggle mainly on how to crop photos to a good size.

You are so nearly there with 11, just make sure you have all the handlebars and upper body in the shot.

If you want a closer one then helmet, eyes, speedo etc.

Some awesome shots mate, trust me I know some guys shooting bikes for 3 years and you already way ahead of them!

Back