www.cameracentreuk.com awful service!

Edit My Images
Yes
Last Monday I ordered this:

http://www.cameracentreuk.com/sony/...rt-series-lens-sony-e-mount-1826-313-1930.php

It clearly shows as 'in stock', it's now Saturday and I've received no order confirmation email, no lens and no reply to the 5 emails I sent them Thursday and Friday.

Since ordering the only thing I've received is the PayPal receipt. Sadly I've been forced to open a PayPal dispute today which I'll have to escalate to a claim in 3 days in order to get my money back.

Just a heads up if you're ever thinking of ordering from them. In my opinion I would avoid them at all costs!

Anyone happen to know if anywhere in the UK actually has these in stock in black for the same £120 price? As soon as I get my refund I'll be looking to order another.

Last edited:
Have you tried to call them at the shop? They should be open at 9am.

There's no excuse for not returning your emails etc., but I would always question whether an online retailer had correct stock figures on the web when they also have two shops - synchronising the two/three locations is difficult and expensive.

As I say give them a call, speak to a human.

Last edited:
I have dealt with both shops- Cardiff and Newport mail order and in person even though it's a 50 mile drive from my home - I found them friendly, informative and very helpful, to say avoid them is not really the thing to say in my opinion

e mails etc do get missed - sent directly to spam ect etc

why not just give them a call and a chance to explain- before jumping on a Photography forum and slagging them off

Les

But, but, but, phoning them would require effort! ;)

I have to say, whilst their online service may be faulty, I have never understood why people insist on not picking up the phone. Is it a generation thing? I had an adapter that didn't arrive from eBay. Called the seller who apologised profusely and sent it the same day.

OTOH, I sold something on eBay to some guy in the US. The package tracked to his local PO but he said it wasn't there. I asked him to call USPS CS. He refused and just opened a claim. I picked up the phone and called them myself on his behalf and the next day the package was delivered to him. He then had the ruddy audacity to leave me neutral feedback! Unbelievable. This was a package that I posted to him within an hour of him purchasing it and sent him a note with tracking details a few minutes later. Some people seem like they've been brought up in a cocoon.

Give them a call, then come back here and slag them off. :)

It clearly shows as 'in stock', it's now Saturday and I've received no order confirmation email, no lens and no reply to the 5 emails I sent them Thursday and Friday.

Since ordering the only thing I've received is the PayPal receipt.

You've got a paypal receipt, so the order looks like it has been processed - they may well have "ordered" your lens in for you - they could have sold out over the Easter weekend. Yes, an e-mail or reply to yours would have been better and expected, but as they have phone numbers there, I'd phone them up and ask what's happening / where your order is up to. I'd be tempted as it's a Saturday, to phone 1st thing before they get busy...

Hope you get it sorted, come back on your thread and update it...

You don't have much luck do you. 14 posts on the forum (as of writing) and 7 of them are because you didn't get an email response.

Well spotted....I wonder who is next on his hit list!

Thats truly bad.. you need to avoid such sites ,I personally prefer something like amazon whole will respond you.. for such delays.

Another vote for picking up the phone and ringing them. I buy all of my camera kit from them (granted I'm half an hour away from the Cardiff shop) and have always found them friendly and helpful.

I don't rate their online presence (the layout of the website that is) but the Cardiff store is very good.

James

Edit
@mused Without bring this into a debate of morals and ethics I would try and keep the little stores open the best you can. Giant faceless warehouses like Amazon are causing places like Cardiff Camera Centre to go under at a rate of knots. The same can be said for the likes of Tesco.

Last edited:
Another vote for picking up the phone and ringing them. I buy all of my camera kit from them (granted I'm half an hour away from the Cardiff shop) and have always found them friendly and helpful.

I don't rate their online presence (the layout of the website that is) but the Cardiff store is very good.

James

Edit
@mused Without bring this into a debate of morals and ethics I would try and keep the little stores open the best you can. Giant faceless warehouses like Amazon are causing places like Cardiff Camera Centre to go under at a rate of knots. The same can be said for the likes of Tesco.

Agreed. Amazon's extremely lax return policy is also not helping businesses or even private sellers on the likes of eBay. People now think it's fine to purchase a £1.5k camera, have a look at it and send it back. This attitude has filtered everywhere, not helped by eBay's policy of always siding with buyers.

In my opinion emails are better for this sort of thing (and yes I do ring people all the time), because you have an evidence trail, that said you could back a phone call up with a "further to our conversation" one although of course that means nothing unless they respond agreeing

Reactions: 4wd
Just pick up the phone and call them, IT systems can and do go wrong!

Last Monday I ordered this:

http://www.cameracentreuk.com/sony/...rt-series-lens-sony-e-mount-1826-313-1930.php

Since ordering the only thing I've received is the PayPal receipt. Sadly I've been forced to open a PayPal dispute today which I'll have to escalate to a claim in 3 days in order to get my money back.

Just a heads up if you're ever thinking of ordering from them. In my opinion I would avoid them at all costs!

Anyone happen to know if anywhere in the UK actually has these in stock in black for the same £120 price? As soon as I get my refund I'll be looking to order another.

Sorry, just re-read the original post. Could it be that their replies have gone to your junk folder much in the same way that yours could have gone to theirs? It's happened to me with e-mails being sent from the local council.

James

Sorry, just re-read the original post. Could it be that their replies have gone to your junk folder much in the same way that yours could have gone to theirs? It's happened to me with e-mails being sent from the local council.

James

Nope, been checking junk folders regularly.

Also PayPal will have emailed them by now and they've still not bothered making contact.

How do you know?
Maybe they have, maybe they haven't but saying they haven't just because you haven't received it is laughable!

As others have already said, the only way you are going to find out the real reason is to actually talk to them ;)

I know because when you open a dispute with PayPal THEY email the seller. So that rules out any possibility that contact from me was ending up in their spam folder.

I know because when you open a dispute with PayPal THEY email the seller. So that rules out any possibility that contact from me was ending up in their spam folder.

No, I am talking about replies to you not reaching you (and not getting as far as your spam/junk folder). If your email is blacklisted they will get bounced back well before they get to you.
And if Canon Bob's info on your other posts is correct then that is where I would put my money.
BUT: we could all be wrong. BUT: you will not find out without actually talking to them ;)

Anyway i finally got an email from them just over a week after ordering something that was 'In stock' and they said there must have been a mix up somewhere and that they'd look in to it. The following day I got another email saying that the item was NOT in stock after all and that I might receive it towards the end of this week. I won't be using them again though for the following reasons:

1. Their website showed 'in stock' when it wasn't.

2. I had zero communication from them (not even order confirmation) until I involved PayPal.

3. I get the impression my order would have gone completely un noticed if I hadn't of started chasing it up a week later.

Yes these points may not be major to some, but now days when you order and pay for an item that's 'in stock' in the same country as you you don't expect to have to chase it up a week later and 'maybe' revive it after 2 weeks.

I'm currently temporarily working night shifts so wasn't around during office hours to actually call them.

Opening Hours

Camera Centre Newport

9-5:30pm Mon-Sat

Closed Sunday

Camera Centre Cardiff

11-4pm Sunday

You posted on here at 11.30am on Saturday and after 9am today.

Opening Hours

Camera Centre Newport

Closed Sunday

Camera Centre Cardiff

11-4pm Sunday

You posted on here at 11.30am on Saturday and after 9am today.

I know what time it is Columbo, technically i shouldn't actually be awake now as I've not long got home.

RipGroove. You really don't help yourself here. Over the last few days people have been suggesting you call them. And only now you say why you couldn't. Except you are now posting at gone 9am so could you really not have just called them?
Plus only now you say you did actually get some emails from them (which contradicts the previous "no replies" comments).

Given that I think I will go with those that said they have had good service from this company ;)

I can, no proof

Back