www.cameracentreuk.com awful service!

I personally would ring (then follow up with an email if needed), but thats not what was asked

In response to the thought of not phoning being a 'generational' thing.... I think I have to agree.... My youngest son is 26 and despite having a mobile telephone account with unlimited calls...... he rarely uses them.

Everything has to go through Text, Email or Arsebook.

That said, the standard of written English seems to be so poor these days that I would be ashamed to use the written word if I could only communicate in the written version of grunts.

Where did 'would of.....' come from, as an example?

I must be getting grumpy in my old age but I have found that actually speaking to a human being on the telephone cuts through all the nonsense, especially when the other person is thanked for their assistance.

I still can't understand the reluctance to pick up the phone.
Some people are reluctant to use facebook, some people are reluctant to go into a pub alone. I don't understand reluctance to do either of these things, but I don't make a big deal about it, I respect that that's how they feel and leave them to it.

That you don't understand why someone is reluctant to do a thing doesn't really matter, their feelings should be respected.

Well sort of.

Except, in this case, the obvious thing to do is pick up the phone.

The OP may be reluctant to do that, that's fine, but to bitch and moan in public without doing the obvious thing seems odd, at the least.

Do what you want, don't do what you don't,

But accept the consequences.

Some people are reluctant to use facebook, some people are reluctant to go into a pub alone. I don't understand reluctance to do either of these things, but I don't make a big deal about it, I respect that that's how they feel and leave them to it.

That you don't understand why someone is reluctant to do a thing doesn't really matter, their feelings should be respected.

That's true but when you slate a company online you're attempting to destroy their reputation and cost that business a potential loss in revenue. If it's warranted, fine, but until you've made a reasonable attempt to contact them via the normal channels then I think that's unfair and irresponsible. If you act in that manner in public then sooner or later someone is going to point it out to you.

That's true but when you slate a company online you're attempting to destroy their reputation and cost that business a potential loss in revenue. If it's warranted, fine, but until you've made a reasonable attempt to contact them via the normal channels then I think that's unfair and irresponsible. If you act in that manner in public then sooner or later someone is going to point it out to you.

Fortunately I think people on here can see through everything and realise that sometimes a company can just get a customer from hell!

I ordered from them once (I also live in Cardiff) and when the lens arrived it was covered in dust which proved to me it was ex-display.

Funnily enough I phoned them initially and once they finished apologising they offered me either 10% refund or to bring the lens in and it would be swapped immediately for a sealed box version.

I carried out a few tests and took the 10% refund...Personally I couldn't fault the Customer Service. Mistakes happen with all businesses, but it's what they do when that mistake is highlighted that shows how good a company is.

To resolve my issue I wouldn't even think about trying to resolve it via email only.

Phoning is always good. That way you get to shout at someone. Far more satisfying than email. :)

I'm from Cardiff and went to their shop a few times. I always found them friendly even though I've never bought anything from them. The shop is great IMO and seems quite busy TBH. I reckon they're sellers on ebay as well. Hopefully you've got it sorted at the end...

How about posting/emailing a local and get them to pop in for you?

Interesting to see that the OP has been AWOL since 6 April. He's (unfairly it would seem) knocked a company and left it at that.

Back