www.sonyalphaforum.com anyone a member?

Edit My Images
Yes
I bought a Sony A6000 recently so I've been trying to register on the forum but I never receive the validation emails, I've tried emailing all the available addresses on the site and they either don't exist or I simply get no reply. I raised a support ticket a week or so ago also and again no reply. Technically I'm registered but as I can't validate my email address I can't post on there or PM any mods to help me out.

I'm a member of the forum. It's not especially active or interesting. You are listed as a 'validating' member since 20th March. What can I do to help?

Very kind of you, I guess you could PM a mod on my behalf and get them to email me and explain why I'm not receiving the validation email. It could be because I use a Gmail address as once in a blue moon I'll come across a forum that does not support free email addresses.

MOD EDIT : I've removed the details now as it's been tested for you, as it's really not the best idea to place email addresses "in the open" on a forum that gets spidered as often as this one does...

Thanks very much :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK done that but why don't you try to re-register using a different name? Use the alternative email address when registering.
Just a thought - you have checked your spam folder haven't you? Messages could have ended up in there.

OK done that but why don't you try to re-register using a different name? Use the alternative email address when registering.
Just a thought - you have checked your spam folder haven't you? Messages could have ended up in there.

Thanks very much, greatly appreciated. I have actually tried another email address too and I've checked all my spam/junk folders.

Thanks very much, greatly appreciated. I have actually tried another email address too and I've checked all my spam/junk folders.

It would be a good idea to edit out your email now that it has served its purpose...

Did you ever get a reply from that PM?

Sod it I've joined the www. sonyalphalab.com forum instead, I'm tired of chasing registration at sonyalphaorum as no one there seems interested in even replying let alone solving my problem.

Sod it I've joined the www. sonyalphalab.com forum instead, I'm tired of chasing registration at sonyalphaorum as no one there seems interested in even replying let alone solving my problem.

That's what I found.
I could be wrong (it's been known!) but I think it is aimed at the US market. They don't like free things- emails, health care...

Back