X-T20 Purple LED issue?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Hopefully this is nothing but I picked up an XT20 today, and when I got home and took some indoor shots, I have a purple haze on the LED when I’m in live view.

If I take the image and view it on the LeD, the purple isn’t there, or if I put the image on my conputer, the purple isn’t there.

It’s almost as if the camera didn’t know how to handle live view of my curtains. See the attached image.

I went outside and tried the camera, tried it on other subjects and everything seemed okay.

The seller has offered me a refund, what would you do? My curtains are a strange material, it’s almost as if I am taking a picture of a tv screen a few years ago and you can pick up the flickering.

Is this something to worry about?

Attachments

• F9F60C88-5C85-46A1-A7D6-401888BB4B6E.jpeg
    F9F60C88-5C85-46A1-A7D6-401888BB4B6E.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 70
Does it only happen on your curtains? If so, it could be down to how the sensor picks up the reflected light.

Have you got Fluorescent lights?

Hi guys,

Hopefully this is nothing but I picked up an XT20 today, and when I got home and took some indoor shots, I have a purple haze on the LED when I’m in live view.

If I take the image and view it on the LeD, the purple isn’t there, or if I put the image on my conputer, the purple isn’t there.

It’s almost as if the camera didn’t know how to handle live view of my curtains. See the attached image.

I went outside and tried the camera, tried it on other subjects and everything seemed okay.

The seller has offered me a refund, what would you do? My curtains are a strange material, it’s almost as if I am taking a picture of a tv screen a few years ago and you can pick up the flickering.

Is this something to worry about?

If it worked fine outside, then I`d say it`s down to the lighting indoors.

Yeah, it only appears to be inside on my curtains. Which are kind of a scarf material, so I’m wondering if it’s just a strange material issue?

No, just normal bulbs

Not sure what that is?

Peaking is a shimmering colour around things that are in focus. I'm not a Fuji owner so I can't say if purple is an option or not but with my Sony and Panasonic cameras I can select peaking to be on or off and there's different levels too such as high, medium and low and there are different colours such as yellow, white, red etc.

When peaking is selected what is in focus shimmers in the colour you have selected.

I don't know if this is the answer but one quick test would be to go through the menu and see if peaking is selected and if it is turn it off. Another test would be to focus on something, see it shimmering and then twist the focus ring and see if the shimmering moves with the point of focus.

It's worth a shot.

But peaking doesn't show on the resultant images!
And purple isn't an option either.

I thought the op said in the opening post that it doesn't appear in the taken image.

It may not be peaking but it's worth checking.

Mick... why the head scratching?

Are you confused about something?

Anyway, I suggested checking and I'm tired of swapping posts with you Mick so it's time to get on with my life...

Last edited:
Peaking is a shimmering colour around things that are in focus. I'm not a Fuji owner so I can't say if purple is an option or not but with my Sony and Panasonic cameras I can select peaking to be on or off and there's different levels too such as high, medium and low and there are different colours such as yellow, white, red etc.

When peaking is selected what is in focus shimmers in the colour you have selected.

I don't know if this is the answer but one quick test would be to go through the menu and see if peaking is selected and if it is turn it off. Another test would be to focus on something, see it shimmering and then twist the focus ring and see if the shimmering moves with the point of focus.

It's worth a shot.

I’ve just looked online and through the settings. Only option is white red and blue, but this only appears on MF settings, not AF which I shoot with, and no purple option.

In short, would you guys be worried with this and return it to the seller and source one elsewhere or not?

Thanks

If it's deffo faulty send it back.

It may not matter but peaking appears in all AF modes on the cameras I have. YMMV. It was worth checking.

I’ve just looked online and through the settings. Only option is white red and blue, but this only appears on MF settings, not AF which I shoot with, and no purple option.

In short, would you guys be worried with this and return it to the seller and source one elsewhere or not?

Thanks

I would try and get someone else with a Fuji X-trans camera to take a photo in your gaff under similar conditions.
Seems strange its fine everywhere else, got to think it may well be a one off aberration.

Post #6 you asked if it was peaking.
Post #15 you say that OP said in post#1 it wasn't.
:thinking::thinking::thinking:
In post 15 he said that the OP said in post 1 that it didn't show in the taken image, not that it wasn't peaking.
Read the post again, then you can stop scratching.:D

Last edited:
Back