Xbox One question for owners

GTG

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
Are there any Xbox One owners here who can clarify a couple of things because there seems to be conflicting reports and info.

Can you buy and sell the disks Used with no restrictions as with the old Xbox 360 ? And by all developers including Microsoft ?

Do you have to put each game onto the hard drive or can you play them from disc as with the xbox 360 ?

Do you need the internet to run the console all the time or just the initial set up as I have read ?

Thanks for any info, I have ignored the newer consoles until now because the slim versions are better and they are considerably cheaper now.

1. Yes, They realized they wouldn't be able to get away with that days after that feature was announced.

2. You have to install them off the disc and you have to insert the disc as a way of DRM.

3. You can play offline fine

As for getting a slim if it isn't much more it is worth it.

1. Yes, They realized they wouldn't be able to get away with that days after that feature was announced.

2. You have to install them off the disc and you have to insert the disc as a way of DRM.

3. You can play offline fine

As for getting a slim if it isn't much more it is worth it.

Yes it is a slim 500gb.

I was worried because 500gb seems a little small with games at 60gb each in some cases now. ( doom, and gta 5 )

And assuming you only actually get 450gb space to play with that would only allow perhaps 7 or 8 games.

the most cost effective way is buy a 500gb and then plug in a separate stand alone hard drive -which are cheap, you can then effectively double the storage etc

Reactions: GTG
Yes it is a slim 500gb.

I was worried because 500gb seems a little small with games at 60gb each in some cases now. ( doom, and gta 5 )

And assuming you only actually get 450gb space to play with that would only allow perhaps 7 or 8 games.
I have a 500GB and yea it is a bit on the small side and filling up with the few games I have. If the 1TB isn't much more I'd go for that.

the most cost effective way is buy a 500gb and then plug in a separate stand alone hard drive -which are cheap, you can then effectively double the storage etc
That works but you have to make sure it's USB 3 or the loading times will be slower than the stock 5400rpm HDD.

The xbox one S is not worth the extra money unless you have a 4K HDR TV.

Tesco were doing two deals at the same time that made it attractive.

There was £25 off for over £150 spend + Destiny 2 that is still £45 - £50 in shops

+ Fifa 17 with bonuses that I hope to sell on ebay for £15 odd.

Total was £178.99 and if I can sell the Fifa game it will be about £165 I hope

You might not even get £15 for Fifa 17 with Fifa 18 out soon.

It did have a month pass to EA something and 3 transfer bonus something or others also for the Fifa game.
Not sure what they were but hope it will help the game go, I don't like football games

Definitely worth getting the S for the size though and lack of external power supply.
The original is a bit of a melon for near 2018 and I am happy I waited for the slim versions.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ref being connected to the internet, a lot of games will not play properly without an internet connection in my experience. Destiny will not play at all unless it contacts bungie servers as this is in reality a multiplayer game whether you are playing on your own or not. I seem to remember Fifa also complaining if it could not reach the EA servers.

With regards to external hdd's USB3 is a must, the xbox one does not support USB2 for external hdd's. They're not too expensive though for a 1tb one.

There is a cheap way to purchase games too if you have a family member with an xbox one or even a trusted friend, it's all legit and above board, MS even explain how it works. Basically, in my case, I and my son both have an xbox one, his physical xbox is set to be my 'home' xbox and my physical xbox is set to be my sons 'home' xbox.
Now, with digital downloaded games whichever account purchases the game can play it on any xbox that account logs into and any other account can play the game on the purchasers 'home' xbox. So, I purchase Destiny 2 (digital) and can play it on my physical xbox (my son's 'home' xbox) and my son can play the same game on his physical xbox (my 'home' xbox) one digital copy purchased but playable on 2 xbox's at the same time :)

Are there any Xbox One owners here who can clarify a couple of things because there seems to be conflicting reports and info.

Can you buy and sell the disks Used with no restrictions as with the old Xbox 360 ? And by all developers including Microsoft ?

Do you have to put each game onto the hard drive or can you play them from disc as with the xbox 360 ?

Do you need the internet to run the console all the time or just the initial set up as I have read ?

Thanks for any info, I have ignored the newer consoles until now because the slim versions are better and they are considerably cheaper now.

Games on discs (DVDs and Blu-Rays) are not recordable. If you can't save to the disc, how would any consoles (such as the Xbox One) be able to leave information on the disc, to mark the disc as having been bought and used by the original buyer, in order to stop it being used second hand? It's not like buying a rail ticket, watch the staff punch a hole on your ticket, then when you attempt to reuse your ticket (hoping for a free ride), the staff would see the hole and say "Hang on! You used this ticket once. Cough up the fee!"

According to my son. Yes, you have to install games from disc to Xbox's HDD in order to play. Personally I prefer the option of PC games where you could decide to install fully on your HDD, or install some files but still need to use the disc, or play directly from the disc.

Like any others who posted before me, above, pointed out: Usually if it is one player games, you can play offline, but if it is multi player, you play online.

Back