Xbox One S - what game?!

JJ!

Edit My Images
No
So after a few years out of the gaming world I have picked up an Xbox one, mainly for BF1 to play online with my mates!

BUT!

I need something else to play before and alongside, so something a bit different that I can jump in and out of at any time. Probably prefer something open world, that IS NOT turn based attacking or another shooter that is a lot different.

The obvious choice is probably GTA, but these are others I am considering:

Metal Gear Solid
Witcher 3 (with all DLC)
Destiny (with all DLC)

Opinions on the above?

Gears of War 4 was another option, but not 100% sure on that one - although reviews do seem good.

MGS phantom pain is very good. First time Ive ever tried one and thought it was excellent.
Witcher 3 again good and will last you weeks.
Fallout 4 pretty good and again will keep you going for weeks if not months
Batman Arkham Knight

if you like FPS, Wolfenstein the new order and/or the old blood worth a look.

MGS 5 is the game I bought my PS4 for, simply excellent, Wolfenstein the new order is good fun as well. I picked up Dark souls 2 a while ago and it's somewhat of a chellenge...
I'd also go for Fallout 4, I play on PC but would recommend it anyway.

I've had The Witcher, Fallout, MGS and Destiny. All good but I got bored of them quite quickly.

Scrap them all and go for GTA V - it's head and shoulders above the rest. The story is great, but you can also just wander for hours doing random stuff and still have a great time. I had it on 360, bought again when i switched to PS4 (completed). Then got again for PC when I sold PS4 just to play for the odd hour here and there.

I enjoyed Destiny and the DLC make it a good play, should last you months. The Divisions not bad too, but remember you'll need the full Xbox live to get the most out of those two. I've just finished Deus Ex and that was enjoyable, its nice to play a stealth/non-lethal game instead of a game with an ever increasing body count, although you can choose the eve increasing body count if you prefer. Right now I'm playing Bioshock Collection a classic that really hasn't aged imo, yeah they tarted it up a bit but the gameplay is as good as ever.

Last edited:
Destiny with all the DLC will last you ages, you will need to team up in 3 or 6 man teams to do some of the more difficult content though and some of that is not 'match made' so you'll need some mates to tag along or join one of the LFG sites, or a clan.

Back