Xray Photography

Name
Joanne Christian
Edit My Images
Yes
I heard recently about a photographer called Nick Veasey, and i think he is an absolute genius
http://www.nickveasey.com/

I was wondering if anyone knew what equipment and film you can use to get this to work, and also if its possible to reproduce the effect in photoshop etc
ty for the help guys

If you read some articles on line he states he used a large xray machine used for vehicles and xrayed the bus... then borrows a corpse from undertaker or someone and did one xray and added the others using photoshop.

Very interesting...

Shutterman

If you read some articles on line he states he used a large xray machine used for vehicles and xrayed the bus... then borrows a corpse from undertaker or someone and did one xray and added the others using photoshop.

Very interesting...

Shutterman

he borrows a corpse from an undertaker ,,, yeah right ...oh and he just pops into the local hospital and asks to hire an x-ray machine ,, another yeah right ,,,,sounds like total b/s to me .

I just love it, how unique. If this is all photoshop work mucho kudos.

And if he's using proper X-ray equipment that's even better, wow!

he borrows a corpse from an undertaker ,,, yeah right ...oh and he just pops into the local hospital and asks to hire an x-ray machine ,, another yeah right ,,,,sounds like total b/s to me .

With next of kin's consent it's perfectly possible to use corpses.

And you can hire an x-ray machine, they're used routinely in welding and such.

Unless he just happened to have a big piece of film, and a huge radiation source handy (so an unscrupulous university physics lecturer, or similar)!

interview link here where he mentions the corpse...

Ah, but is it photography?

:nuts: ;)

Very creative nonetheless.

I believe so, yes :)

If you consider anything in the electromagnetic spectrum as a photon which has attributed to it a specific frequency, then capturing light we can see is exactly the same in principle as any form of photon capture to form an image. Granted it is slightly less conventional, what with X-Rays possessing the ability to pass through certain materials (as for why they do, that has to be requested - I don't want to bore anyone :D).

With next of kin's consent it's perfectly possible to use corpses.

And you can hire an x-ray machine, they're used routinely in welding and such.

Unless he just happened to have a big piece of film, and a huge radiation source handy (so an unscrupulous university physics lecturer, or similar)!
I was going to say Xray machines are used a lot in Casting industry so i wouldnt be to suprised if he just commissioned them to xray the bus. Although im not sure of the size you can get an xray machine so some stitching of images might of been used

It wouldn't be too hard to x-ray a bus as customs have a few nice big ones that they scan lorry's with as they go through ports when they are looking for contraband.

Back