Yashica fx-d

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Any thoughts? Had a look at a couple whilst browsing round arundel photographica today. Small, simple and nice to handle but battery dependant as far as I could see.

Oooooh that's a bit scary as I was in there today too!

.....didn't spend much though!

Heather

Tigger.ufo said:
It is a very tempting place and I need very little encouragement!

Heather

I love it! We went down to Littlehampton for a day on the beach and my father and I suggested a stop on the way home! Really liked the yashica and also a couple of the smaller 120 folders he has. It is always decently priced in there I think.

I love it! We went down to Littlehampton for a day on the beach and my father and I suggested a stop on the way home! Really liked the yashica and also a couple of the smaller 120 folders he has. It is always decently priced in there I think.

He has one less Zeiss folder than he did the other day :).. as it is sitting beside me..

Chris the guy who runs the shop is a nice guy..but how he knows what he has in the shop.. I haven't got a clue.

erm why Yashica....the DSB lenses are inferior to ML lenses so limits your choice.
I have the FR1 with the common fault of the film counter doesn't work and the 28mm and 55mm dsb lenses are carp.

excalibur2 said:
erm why Yashica....the DSB lenses are inferior to ML lenses so limits your choice.
I have the FR1 with the common fault of the film counter doesn't work and the 28mm and 55mm dsb lenses are carp.

For no other reason than I liked the look and feel of the camera. Also I believe they can use the zeiss contax lenses as it is a c/y mount.

They're great little cameras, I've got an FX-3 that I resurrected a while ago, they're small, light the controls are well placed and has been pointed out they take the Contax lenses which granted are a bit pricey but soooo worth the money. And yes the DSB lenses aren't as good and they do lack the contrast of the T* but they're adequate lenses and fairly cheap.

Jim if you wanted to borrow the FX-3 to have a play you're more than welcome.

I recently sold a Zeiss 50mm 1.7 T* planar on ebay. It went for £80 ish, it was a very good example too. So not that expensive.

I recently sold a Zeiss 50mm 1.7 T* planar on ebay. It went for £80 ish, it was a very good example too. So not that expensive.

Ah for the digital guys......but on a film camera I think a 50mm lens is "boring" and it's my least used lens.

RaglanSurf said:
They're great little cameras, I've got an FX-3 that I resurrected a while ago, they're small, light the controls are well placed and has been pointed out they take the Contax lenses which granted are a bit pricey but soooo worth the money. And yes the DSB lenses aren't as good and they do lack the contrast of the T* but they're adequate lenses and fairly cheap.

Jim if you wanted to borrow the FX-3 to have a play you're more than welcome.

Thanks Nick, I might take you up on that.

Back