Yashica Mat 124G Cable Release

Name
Taimoor
Edit My Images
Yes
Greetings!

Apologies if this has been asked before. I am looking for a cable release for Yashica 124G TLR, Can you someone direct me to right one and where to get one from?

Thanks in advance.

T

I reckon I may have a spare one knocking about that you can have ( for nowt!) if you don't pick one up locally.

i live overseas, however I'm soon to send a couple of film spools to @RaglanSurf who is always happy to act as a "hub" for folk delivering stuff, so I can easily add a cable release into the jiffy bag, then he can get it onto you.

Depends if you're in a rush for one..... .

Hi Many thanks. How long would that be? no immediate rush but i would like to get my hands on one :)

Hi Many thanks. How long would that be? no immediate rush but i would like to get my hands on one :)

As far as I'm aware, Yashica Mats take a standard cable release. There are hundreds available on eBay for a few quid a piece if you're in a hurry.

Last edited:
Many thanks sky, i was told by someone that it needs a non-standard.
well if thats the case thn i am sure i can find many online.

Many thanks sky, i was told by someone that it needs a non-standard.

B****cks .......As Rj says, the 124G will accept a standard release ( I know cos I have a 124G !!) ...that's what I'd be sending you anyway if you want.

It doesn't look like there's any more response regarding the film spools thread that i posted, so I could have a jiffy bag on its way to Nick beginning of next week, (if I get it posted monday, then it will probably be in the UK before the end of the week ( 3 working days I think)

Let me know over the weekend if you get hold of one, if not I'll sort you out ;)

Asha, Many thanks. since its a normal one i think i will order one from ebay rather thn giving you hassle and trouble.
You are very kind.

Asha, Many thanks. since its a normal one i think i will order one from ebay rather thn giving you hassle and trouble.
You are very kind.

No hassle whatsoever but if you pick one up for a quid or two then all is good!(y)

BTW, without a doubt a standard cable release will operate the shutter release on a 124G....................I tried mine to be 100% sure;)

Back