Yashica NEW films and camera.

They're still selling that Y35 piece of crap which kinda removes all my trust in the company.

That Y35 was a PR blunder of the first magnitude. This is just pathetic too - cameras come out at about £28 based on HK$ prices. Film £5.50 for 24 exposures.

Sterling job on the translations too...

https://www.yashica.com/product-page/400-35mm-film-24-exp

This film consider to be a portrait film. Photos shot using YASHICA 400 film look a little on the warm side, good for skin tones. Balance grainy converts to a stylish photo.

Given it's a black and white film, I'm curious as to how it is "a little on the warm side"?

In comparison, just think what 'classic' old cameras can be bought for that price from eBay, charity shops, car boot sales, etc.? Plus that's recycling too. You could buy a fully working Canon Sureshot Supreme for less than £28 and still have change to buy a new battery and a film for it.

If you want a cheap 35mm point and shoot then there are loads to choose from on the second hand market, and if you want a low tech one for slightly fuzzy looking results then I'd expect to have change from £5 on the second hand 'thrift shop' market.

I think I might have clicked the wrong link, and gotten one of the C41 films, in which case those might have warm tones.

The B&W description actully reads...

It tends to skew more towards large saturate scale, probably best working with natural light and street snap. Strong grainy which perfect for your moody shot.

So that clears that up. I've always longed for "large saturate scale" in the B&W films I buy. :)

'An internal flash capture the funny moment of your party time.'

Whoever at Kyocera authorised flogging one of the great Japanese camera brand names to these cowboys deserves to be strapped into a Vogon Poetry Appreciation Chair with The Silence of Story on continuous loop:

My Thoughts

You like taking photos, and wishing the time still.

But what I want is to capture the moment, and to remember the long-lasting feel.

I keep all photos well,
Reviving every moment, from time to time.
And I, was led to different stories, deeper and deeper, every time.

These photos might be rough, and incomplete, and faulty in your eyes.
But what I see, is something touching, something spiritual, something meaningful.

From the time YASHICA first captured the world in 1949, I knew,
Though it has no outstanding synopsis, the story will last long.
And you may have noticed, there is never a narrator, nor is it necessary...

The Silence of Story

It tells.

https://www.yashica.com/our-story

The Yashica we knew from old cameras and lenses ceased to exist long time ago, only the traded mark survived, well, if that can be called survive. So stop wasting your time checking whatever the new onwers release. What do we have so far?... a disposable camera turned into reusable, a digital camera that is not even worthy to be called a camera, and film made by God knows who... come on!!

The Yashica we knew from old cameras and lenses ceased to exist long time ago, only the traded mark survived, well, if that can be called survive. So stop wasting your time checking whatever the new onwers release. What do we have so far?... a disposable camera turned into reusable, a digital camera that is not even worthy to be called a camera, and film made by God knows who... come on!!
I suppose it's pretty rare for a brand to be revived by a company that honours its original heritage. One of the few exceptions is Voigtländer, which Cosina has licenced for their excellent range of high quality retro-styled gear. All this plastic tat from 'Yashica' just debases the brand, probably irreversibly. Selling film might be the least worst thing they've done with the name, provided it turns out to be something usable rather than 'artistically' long-expired junk.

Back