Yeah, my 8mb went active...

Name
Andy Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
...not a word from my ISP mind but I reset the router on the off chance and there it was... I can waste my time 4x faster now :)

Very nice:) not sure what speed mine is....certainly not 8mb:)

Ive been getting 8mb now for about 2 months...love it :D

I think my mum got an email about that

*goes to read it

Leo :D

edit: yup...they offered us a free router and "phone calls" that are actually PC to PC...lol

I get free phone calls as well but "proper" ones - the pipex deal gives you up to 8mb + free (first 90mins) local/national calls for £28 a month.

Before the upgrade I was paying £34 for 2mb plus £45 on calls with BT!

after re-reading it, I think we would get free proper calls...but it emphasised the free video calls a lot...and they where simply using a rebranded yahoo messenger (gotta love BT Yahoo)

They dont do 8mb out here in the back of beyond! :crying:
I think we are lucky to have broadband at all, albeit 2gb, the next village has only just got it.

only became available here a little bit over a year ago... Oddly most people "near*" me can only get 512K, I'm currently on Max ADSL 3MB... I don't notice the extra downstream, but the nippier upstream is very nice.

That said, its been running like a pig all day, although I was talking to a faaaarrrmer this morning and apparently there are BT dudes traipsing all over his land, so I think something got damaged in the lightning.

*Near = miles

Marcel said:
Ive been getting 8mb now for about 2 months...love it :D

Yeah the same here mate but not quite 8Mb coming through..:LOL:

broke-the-504kbps.jpg

All those on new Max ADSL lines, you do realise that it's a variable speed service?
You'll sync at "x" speed (lets say 4 or 8 meg) - but the speed you receive from that will vary throughout the day, and in most cases never actually reach the sync speed. Run a speed test at 4AM and you'll be whizzing along much faster than at 8PM.

Janice said:
They dont do 8mb out here in the back of beyond! :crying:
I think we are lucky to have broadband at all, albeit 2gb, the next village has only just got it.
You're in the middle of town :LOL: 512 here, not a kb quicker :(

but dod, you're waaay up in Scotland - so it's OK!
I'd swop slower internet for living there ;)

Hoodi said:
but dod, you're waaay up in Scotland - so it's OK!
I'd swop slower internet for living there ;)

Must be honest it's got it's advantages. Remember meeting a developer from London when they started to build houses on the hill coming down into Inverness. The guy was a bit frustrated because of some delays and came out with "Everything's Manyana with you lot"
The builder turned round and replied "Nah, we've got nothing that urgent" :LOL: :D

Likewise. But I'm not sure Id get even 512Mb on the hebs. Which is Ultimately where I'll end up. Hopefuly (please god)

I'm not sure I agree with plus net's upgrade policy at the mo. Somehow, my g/f ahs ended up with 8mb before me, and I've been witht hem longer. Weird.

But hey, 2Mb is fine for now, I still remember what things where like back in the day, 56k an all that lol.

dod said:
Must be honest it's got it's advantages. Remember meeting a developer from London when they started to build houses on the hill coming down into Inverness. The guy was a bit frustrated because of some delays and came out with "Everything's Manyana with you lot"
The builder turned round and replied "Nah, we've got nothing that urgent" :LOL: :D

exactly.

Better weather (more contrast) better scenery, nicer people and a better sense of community as there's no bugger for miles around so you have to get on with your neighbour.

proper.

Gandhi said:
But hey, 2Mb is fine for now, I still remember what things where like back in the day, 56k an all that lol.

Very wise words Gandhi..;)

I frequent the ADSLGUIDE forums and read threads containing "quote" I can only get 5Mbps".

It makes me sick..:bang:

How short their memories are..:shake:

Yeah i find my internet is too slow as well

down.jpg

I love 10mb Telewest!

ppp said:

down.jpg

I love 10mb Telewest!

Very nice indeed ppp...(y)

Yeah but you're on NTHell :p :razz: mahaha (Or is it Tellyworst where you are)

ppp said:
I love 10mb Telewest!

Yup me too (y)
You got the TV Drive as well ?

Nah, its at my shop so no telly just downloading *ahem* most of the day!

Back