Yesterday's wedding

Name
Lynn
Edit My Images
No
A very small wedding this weekend but what a delightful couple - the bride designed the wedding dress herself and had it made. Here's just a few (only put these as sneak peek so can't share more yet)

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1444524885.760006.jpgImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1444524912.442660.jpgImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1444524933.226783.jpg

(Apologies if these are too small - was trying to upload from phone - guess that doesn't work so well!)

Last edited:

#3 is by far the best rendition of all these three good takes!

Posed shots were never my forté, but I keep wondering why #1 is cropped like it is. Couldn't you get full length?

I'd have been happy with #2 but what's with the Dangly Bit in #3? Was it supposed to be like that? Lovely photo, excellent conversion, good looking couple, very pretty dress, all other boxes ticked but ye gods ...

Last edited:
I too love No3 not keen on the crop on No 1 though

Les

No I couldn't get full length in 1 - they're standing in a lower area, they have to climb down into it. I've no idea why the venue doesn't fill it in to ground level or why it's like that. I knew I would get plenty of other full length shots elsewhere. Should I crop in q bit more maybe?

Should I crop in q bit more maybe?

Dunno - but if it was mine, I'd keep the aspect ratio but crop it so that the bottom of the frame is level with the bottom of your name in the watermark. I just feel that with a knee-length dress, you either need to see all the legs or none.

BTW, ref Dangly Bits, I always used to warn brides about the perils thereof. Trouble is though, some of them will use daft/cheap hairdressers who like doing them, presumably because Bridal Hair is the only chance they get to talk women into letting them do this to them ...

Dunno - but if it was mine, I'd keep the aspect ratio but crop it so that the bottom of the frame is level with the bottom of your name in the watermark. I just feel that with a knee-length dress, you either need to see all the legs or none.

BTW, ref Dangly Bits, I always used to warn brides about the perils thereof. Trouble is though, some of them will use daft/cheap hairdressers who like doing them, presumably because Bridal Hair is the only chance they get to talk women into letting them do this to them ...
Yes will try a bit tighter crop thanks.

I got her on the other side most of the rest of the time with no hair at that side. We were doing this shoot about 6pm so was having to work fast.

Lynn, I freely admit to having always had a major thing about Dangly Bits, but if we met with a potential customer who struck me as the type of girl likely to have them, I did actually always warn them of the pitfalls. Most of them immediately got the point, but if they needed convincing, we found one way of doing that. You just tell them that when the hairdresser says they "frame your face" or "looks sophisticated" and demonstrates the effect at the pre-wedding hair tryout, they're both looking straight into a mirror. Do they really want to be looking straight at the camera in all their wedding photos? ;)

Last edited:
I like two and three but I'm not mad on number 1. Aside from the crop below the knees He looks like he's having a good chomp on her ear as opposed to gently kissing the side of her head.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's much appreciated. The couple love these (and I've plenty more) but there's always room for improvement.

I like two and three but I'm not mad on number 1. Aside from the crop below the knees He looks like he's having a good chomp on her ear as opposed to gently kissing the side of her head.

Exactly the same here, number 1 looks like he's biting her. 2 and 3 look great though.

Back