Yet another 52 - The Matt

Hey Matt :wave: glad to have you back!!

That is a really nice photo. The light is very nice, and the people on the right hand side add that little bit of interest.

Looking forward to seeing some more from you. :clap: :clap:

Welcome back Matt, great to see you on here again (y)

I really like this shot, the lines, the shadows and the people all give it interest and make me want to keep going back to have another look at it. Which is exactly what you want to make it a great picture, fascination. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Welcome back Matt. love the Linear shot, good strong lines in there. I agree about the other shots,...Go for it (y)

Catch up time! Took a photo this morning for Identity

I really had to think hard for this one. It got me thinking back to my early-mid teens. Identity was all about how you dressed, what bands you liked (and how you showed this off), piercings, jewellry and spikey wristbands. I had a dig around in my room to find all my spikey wristbands have long since gone in the bin, but found one or two things harking back from that era.

I still think Smash is a pretty good album.

Minor cheat here: This photo was taken when the "simple" theme was on, though I wasn't aware of it at the time.

Sometimes I find the most simple, mundane things beautiful when viewed in the right way. On a long car/train journey, pick a nearby roughly linear feature (white lines, crash barriers, kerbs), fix your eyes on it and let them slip out of focus. Watch whatever it is whizz by in a blur*.
That is what I wanted to show here:

*for the love of god, only when you are a passenger ;)

Hi there - it's great to have you back on the 52 trail with some great shots.

Week 20 Linear - you're right about the light on this one - it's gorgeous. This shots makes me want to go inside the building and look round - it's very inviting. (y)

Identity - I like the idea - I suppose we all expressed oursevles through fashion and music. I love the colours in this, and it's a pleasing composition. :)

Simple - does what it says on the tin - and also meets the criteria for Linear. A double bulls-eye. :D

Hope to see more from you as and when you can. :)

Jean

Hey Matt,

Identity: Very nicely done, I was verging on punk during my expressive years, thank god no-one took any photos of me!! Anlge of the badge, colours, tones and clarity all good! well done :clap: :clap:

Simple: Is stunning, a great piece of artwork, and the colours are fantastic. I love abstract and in particular Frans Marc, and this for some reason reminds me of his work....perhaps its the colours. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Matt really like your simple shot and agree with you about mudane things looking good.

idenity is a good shot imo and definitaly fits the theme :D

Thanks for the encouragement everyone

Here's one for Emotion
buxton2e.jpg

Contrary to what I thought, getting older does not make these things any less fun. I wanted to catch an honest bit of emotion in someone, then the little brother and I found the tire swing. Perfect opportunity for a smile. Background and lighting aren't what I'd want, but I couldn't be picky.

Catch up time. Here's my offering for Dark

There are a few different things I wanted to try here, but it's really not easy to convince yourself that you want to spend two hours sat in a soggy dew-covered field on a rather chilly night. I used a higher ISO than I would have wanted so that I could hurry things a bit.

I love the Emotion shot - it's spontaneous and fun. And not the situation where you could be choosy about the background, but the composition is strong enough for it not to be a problem. (y)

Dark - That sky is excellent. The colours are good and the stars really make it. Very pleasing take on the theme. :clap::clap:

Jean

The emotion shot is a good catch but the angle puts me off a little, the dark pic works well.

Simple works really well.

Emotion is a great shot, good catch

I like dark (but I would :D)... if you had used a lower ISO, then you would have had longer trails in the stars, that may have helped to be honest. They are trailling anyway, but not enough to be deliberate trails.

Back