Yet more springtails

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Some of my first shots with my 3 tubes plus the Raynox DCR250 on the Sigma 105 with my Olympus OMD E-M1 now with my Nissin Di466 flash off camera.

I was not paying attention earlier in the day when I found a lot of subjects and shot at ISO 3200 with flash which not as detailed as they could have been.

Well I went out and mangaed to find some subjects in the time I had. With the extra magnification I am not cropping as much but I need to make a diffuser for the new flash position.

Dicyrtomina-saundersi by alf.branch, on Flickr

This one was moving slowly and seemed to be struggling I looked away for another subject to find it on its back

Climbing-the-hill by alf.branch, on Flickr

On-its-back-2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Entomobrya multifasciata by alf.branch, on Flickrkr

Last edited:
Nice shots Alf, looks like you "flashed it" to death, It looks a totally different colour, maybe its the angle, im not sure, Is it the same one?
Nice detail on No3 but a little bright by the looks of it.
Nice shots and well taken.

I have seen quite a few do a, now you see me now you don't, but i have not seen one land yet. Great capture Alf. The springtail in picture 3 are quite hard to get decent shots of, i have been trying to get them at eye level but even then there eyes are still often hidden.

Thanks Graham and Thomas.

It is the same one I am sure but as I say it was not moving very well it did lift up a little when I watched it but saw movement and looked back to find it like this when it righted itelf after maybe 10 seconds this was my best shot it trundled off slowly again.

Here are a couple of the shots at ISO 3200

Collembola by alf.branch, on Flickr

Collembola-2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Maybe it was a bad lot of algae it was eating like in this 2nd shot (which I think is superbe)

Nice set Alf, with some good detail in #1, #2, & #4, in the first set and #2, in the second set.(y)

George.

Great shots :) what lens did you use?

Maybe it was a bad lot of algae it was eating like in this 2nd shot (which I think is superbe)

Thanks Graham who knows what it ate its on our rubbish bin

Super detailed set Alf of a subject i always struggle with (y)

Thanks Neil they are not easy to shoot they can be fast

Nice set Alf, with some good detail in #1, #2, & #4, in the first set and #2, in the second set.(y)

George.

Thanks Geotge

Great shots :) what lens did you use?

All kit details are shown but here goes again
my 3 Kooka extension tubes plus the Raynox DCR250 on the 4/3 fit Sigma 105 f2.8 with my Olympus OMD E-M1 (MMF2 coverter) now with my Nissin Di466 flash off camera.

Noise control looks good for 3200. I find I take a while to adjust to a new setup and get the most out of it, but these look great!

Still jealous of your katiannidae ;)

Back