YIPEE

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
[S4]YIPEE YIPEE YIPEE[/S4]

Well I finally got accepted by Alamy the photo stock agency. I sent in my first set of 10 shots at the first May bank holiday, and it has taken till early last week to be accepted. Then taken me a few days to keyword the pics, such that they get displayed

My Alamy Link

A big thank you to Marcel and all the folks that have helped me. Its a real sense of achievement to be listed! Selling one would be great but the best bit is getting listed.

Congrats KIM ...
23_51_4.gif

green-thumb_SML.gif

Nice one (y)
I like the Heffalump pretending to be a chameleon :D

Big congrats :clap:

Congrats... now sit back and wait for the ££££ to come rolling in...?

nice one, well done :)

Why are some licensed and some royalty free, Allan? Why arent they all the same... either one or the other?

As I said on MSN and IRC mate, conspankulations :)

Janice, its the type of 'sale'
Basically it depicts what the end person is purchasing, sometimes they purchase a free for all use, sometimes they pay to use it once, with specifics.

There is more to it than that, but thats the jist of it.

A big step forward Allan, Well done mate.(y)

Janice, its the type of 'sale'
Basically it depicts what the end person is purchasing, sometimes they purchase a free for all use, sometimes they pay to use it once, with specifics.

There is more to it than that, but thats the jist of it.

Yes, I know!! :razz:

I just wondered why Allan had chosen different images to have different types! :D

Ahhh gotcha :razz: :razz: and :bonk:

Basically it depends on how popular that sort of image is. If it's a shot of a daffodil, and there are millions of other shots of daffodils on alamy, youre not likely to sell it if its licensed. Youre more likely to make a sale if its royalty free (ie cheaper to a fashion).

Same with logos. If there are any brands or trademarks in the shot at all, then it must be licensed (because licenced, by its nature is restrictive), when you choose licensed you can then restrict the type of license you grant. IE you can say "No advertising, no this no that, only editorial etc"

So what you recommend to use then... shots of landscapes and flowers and such? Royaty free, licenced (exclusive or non)?

Back