Yippee! It's heeerrreeee (Bragging rights within)

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Some may look down on it, some may look up...

But I don't care :D

My very first L Lens came this morning, from Kerso, the 70-200 f4 USM.

My impressions? Oh she sure is purdy. AF is nice and fast, pretty much silent, only hunted a couple of times. She just feels oh so nice attached to my camera.

I've already sent my cashback forms off too.

I've been taking photos of my wife and kids all day, and random snaps of random things :D
Can't wait to use her in anger.

Also, as soon as I got it I thought "oooh what L lens can I buy next?"

:D

(y) nice lens mate . i used one the other week for some portraits very impressed.. hope you enjoy it..

md(y)

Congratulations Marcel, I'm waiting for my wife to bring one of them out to me. Bought it from Pxl8 and now you made me dead jealous. Glad you like it.

Chris

so where's the pixses then?

I am chomping at the bit here :) Marcel you know that thing we discussed the other night, what did you put down for Store purchased from ?

I am seriously seriously chomping at the bit waiting for mine to arrive :)

ps whats she like being hand held for pics ?? c

Have fun I am sure you will enjoy it!

Excellent Marcel - look forward to seeing the results soon!

sheees a bute to be sure.
Lots of happy times ahead

Damn why has everyone else got better gear than me :( Oh well at least I can blame my gear for bad result where as you can no longer do that Marcel :LOL: Congrats on your new glass ;)

Slippery slope now - 'L' Fever has set in and there's no known cure!

Congrats Bodders - a nice feeling it is. (y)

Many congrats mate (y) I'm sure you'll be very happy together :D

Lovely lens, great combination of quality, speed, lightness, congrats :D

Thanks chaps :D
I'm still buzzing from a warm feeling.

When I first got bitten by the digital photography bug in about 2001/2002, it wasnt until I took photography more seriously beyond snapshots in 2003.
Then when I got my first SLR in 2005, I used to say "I don't really see what all the fuss is about", and "800 quid on a lens? Jeez, not for me matey, there's no point...I can't really tell the difference".
While this is still true to an extent (I find it hard to spot things like falling off of sharpenss at edges, and those minor inescrepencies etc, or a bit of CA), I can now say I do see what all the fuss is about.
I know it's still early days for me, but I can tell the difference now, and I understand.....I can see why there is such a price difference, and why they say "Invest in glass".

I've never been a lens, or even a kit snob. I still think great pictures can be had no matter what the equipment, but it does give me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing I'm handling a nice body, and tried, tested and trusted, official professional kit in my hands.
Sounds silly, but kind of legitimises my photography, it takes it to the next level, so to speak. I know the photographer takes the pictures and that, but if I'm out doing some street photography, or at an event, having good kit like this helps me have the confidence to say "I'm a photographer"
Does that make sense? I suppose its largely to do with me having a lack of confidence in my own photographic ability.

Anyway, I'm rambling on now. I've just put the lens to bed, and the wife is sleeping on the couch :D

I can totally relate to what you're saying. I remember agonising for months about buying my first L lens, the 100-400, really struggling to justify the cost and wondering if I'd really see any real benefit from the investment. Then I just woke up one morning and said "sod it" and ordered one. The very first time I strapped it on my camera I realised what all the fuss was about. Then I went out and took some photos with it. I'll never forget the feeling of seeing the results on my screen for the first time and just being blown away by the sharpness of the images - way beyond anything I'd acheived before....

Oh God, now I'm rambling lol. Just well done Bod (y) You're gonna love it :D

no matter what the equipment, it does give me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing I'm handling a nice body

Does you wife know what your upto when your out 'doing' your hobby :naughty::thinking: :nono: :cautious:

PS nice glass :clap:

She sure does, because it's usually her going "GERROF ME!" :D

Aaaan here is the first...no actually it's the second shot I took with it (She was looking down on the first).

071115_8134a.jpg

I do apologise for any colour shift there is. I just couldnt get the white balance right, and in the original RAW she's quite brightly orange..lol (30D was set to AWB).

With that in mind, here is a B&W processed version :D

071115_8134b.jpg

Ill post some more proper shots up soon! :D

Congrats on the baby bouncing L - the 70-200 f/4 is a great bit of kit, I will miss mine but I've got a 135 f/2 coming next week to keep me amused :D

I do apologise for any colour shift there is. I just couldnt get the white balance right, and in the original RAW she's quite brightly orange..lol (30D was set to AWB).

Hey Marcel - that's great news for you with your new lens - and I can totally relate to what you state.

Hope you don't mind but I had a play with your wife and I gave the the tMM treatment...:):):) hehehehe

Hope you both like the result;

marcel_edit.jpg

Ooooh youve knocked years off her. Do you do liposuction for middle aged man bellys? :D

I am still waiting on mine :( I thought a bank transfer meant immediate funds exchanged hands :)
themisicman please tell us how you did that:)
Oh and marcel, you have a lovely looking wife.

Hehe thanks very much Shorn...I'll tell her that :D

Hehe congrats WW. You excited? :D I was!

not as excited as I am, well maybe :)
Marcel does your .........................

Ooooh youve knocked years off her. Do you do liposuction for middle aged man bellys? :D
Hehehe... did she like it...? Still working our how to use Photoshop for middle aged spread - and I have a lot to practice on too :)

I am still waiting on mine :( I thought a bank transfer meant immediate funds exchanged hands :)
themisicman please tell us how you did that:)
Oh and marcel, you have a lovely looking wife.
I could tell you Shorn, but then I'm afraid I'd have to kill ya!! :)

kiddin!

A combination of Photoshop tweeks really that's all: levels, brightness, saturation (a decrease in this case), slight upping of the exposure, Neat Image filter to smooth Mrs Marcel's already lovely complexion (I know... I'm a smoothie, but one cannot offend a lady), sharpening of the eyes, - voila!! 5 mins max.

Back