LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Am i being stupid?

I've got the above 2 pieces of kit.
I can set both the flash and the transmitter to the same group and channel (for the sake of making it easy, Group A and Channel 1)
The flash is set to slave mode "sc" which the manual says is for canon slave mode (camera is a 5D3).

Regardless of whether I use the YN622's 'test' button or mount it on the camera, I cannot get the flash to fire.

NB.
1. I know the YN568 flash itself works (mounted on the camera).
2. I have triggered the YN568 flash using mode S1 and another flash

Should the YN622c-tx trigger the YN568 exii without attaching a YN622c to it? (I'm guessing the answer is no, but the fact I can set the group and channel on the flash would indicate I should be able to, and so would my reading of the manual and pages such as http://www.davidpartington.com/m43/2014/12/16/yn568ex-ii-remote-slave-mode/ ).

If it should, any idea what I may be doing wrong? (or does this suggest something is faulty).

Cheers
Tim

Should the YN622c-tx trigger the YN568 exii without attaching a YN622c to it? (I'm guessing the answer is no, but the fact I can set the group and channel on the flash would indicate I should be able to, and so would my reading of the manual and pages such as http://www.davidpartington.com/m43/2014/12/16/yn568ex-ii-remote-slave-mode/ ).

Cheers
Tim
No. The 568 'wireless' mode is for the Canon or Nikon light triggering system (as described in that article).
You need a YN622 to mount on your flash.

Last edited:
Cheers chaps. That clarifies what "to many different master types, including another YN568EX-II, a Canon 580EX-II, ST-E2, 70D, 60D, 600D plus others (Sc mode" meant then. D'oh. To be fair, I was wondering why it cared if the camera was canon or nikon if it ws being triggered by the YN622.

Something else for my Christmas list then :)

If you use a 622TX on the camera and the 622 on the flash there is no need to set master or slave on anything.
The TX will control everything for you and tell the flash what to do.
I use up to four flash guns with that set up and it works well.

who knows where it will lead!
The aquisition of far too many Speedlights. 4 x Metz (2 Canon/2 M43), 4 Nissin TW360 (really cheap now), Olympus FL 36R, FL 20, T20 and T32 and a Nissin Di 622C. My wife thinks I seriously need some therapy....
On a happier note, I discovered on the Web that the YN 622C will work quite happily on my Lumix GH3. So I tried them out on a Studio shoot this afternoon and yes, it cetainly does. Obviously manual only, no TTL, but completely reliable. I could have just used the M43 dedicated TTL flashes with Slave Mode (Metz or 36R) but have found that the slave optical receiver has to be positioned perfectly to receive the pre-flash. The Yn 622C negates that problem and would work in bright light and much longer range as well. Next experiment will be to try my YN 622C TX to see if I can remotely set the power in Manual Mode of my Canon dedicated flash from the Lumix GH3 hotshoe.

Next experiment will be to try my YN 622C TX to see if I can remotely set the power in Manual Mode of my Canon dedicated flash from the Lumix GH3 hotshoe

I can do it on my Fuji so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to.

Message to OP....there are a couple of 622 units going cheap in the classifieds at present. Grab yourself a bargain.

That's odd. He calls them Canon and is selling them in the Canon section and his flash guns are Canon but as you say he calls them 622n. I really don't know. I'm confused as well. Think you'll gave to ask him for clarification.

True. I don't know the guy, but he posts regularly in the X-T1 thread and seems to be "kosher". I know he is getting rid of all his Canon gear, but this is deffo confusing.

Back