Yo!

Name
Johnny
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm new to photography. Really no more than a point and clicker to be honest at present. Own a few bits and bobs but actually came here looking not just for advice but for a good starter SLR and lens to see whether I can get really interested or not! :D (have an ipad to swap with gear if anyone wants one! lol)

I see I need lots of posts and time on the forum before I can begin to buy gear, although I am genuine! :cool:

My interest in photography started really after Simon Kemp (of Hyde End studio) togged our wedding and then our little one's christening. From then I have always had an interest at hobby level although some of my friends are getting increasingly interested in the game and a couple are actually taking it up to a Pro level and getting paid for their work :cool:

Like the look of the forum and have already read some brilliant threads and seen some fantastic work....

One of my favourite point and shoots from days gone by of my hound!

web.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Johnny and welcome to TP :wave:

This is definately the place for all sorts of advice, so have a shifty on the search function first, then ask away, no question too silly!!

Look forward to seeing you around (y)

Hi Johnny, :wave: and :welcome: to TP.

I believe you are permitted to buy from the Sales sub-forum; the only thing is that you are not allowed to start a for-sale, or wanted, thread until you've been here for a month with a certain number of posts under the hood. Check the rules, though, just to be double sure.

Meanwhile, roam around, you'll love the place :).

Back