YONGNOU FLASH TRIGGERS ?

Name
Malcolm
Edit My Images
No
Just received some of these but cannot see an easy way to open the tiny channel button compartment. Can anyone help please

Malcolm

Just received some of these but cannot see an easy way to open the tiny channel button compartment. Can anyone help please

Malcolm

Mine came with a yellow sticky thing on, i just pealed this off (rightly or wrongly) and used an unraveled paper clip to carefully pop up my channel buttons.

Matt

Hi Matt,

thanks for the info - I feel a right twit now that you have explained it. I didn't want to damage anything in case it was an opening cover. Much appreciated.

Malcolm

Last edited:
I think thats the only way Matt. It's just a protective seal for transit and has no effect on the unit when removed.

I keep mine on default unless I am fortunate enough to be shooting within proximity to others

They're very strange devices indeed, what with the on/off switch also being virtually impossible to get to with a flash mounted on top!

Some Flash models are easier to access than others.
Yongnuo YN465's have good access whereas the Canon 430exII has more restricted access

They're very strange devices indeed, what with the on/off switch also being virtually impossible to get to with a flash mounted on top!

I think it is an odd design because it is a little annoying that I have to slid the flash off the receiver to turn it off, but in the grand scheme of things, it a very good unit for the price and how often to I leave my flash fixed up.....very rarely.

I Paid shy under £40 for a Transmitter and 2 receivers, delivered price, and I can not complain about the service it's given me so far. Spot on for the price.

Matt

I agree that for the price they are very good, a bit awkward but good. I am tempted to buy ones with ETTL but I am waiting for prices to fall.
In the meantime I still have ST-E2 Canon infrared trigger and it has its advantages sometimes.

Hi Matt,

I used a stiff piece of plastic to move the switch when mounted.

It is an awful position and one would think the manufacturers would have given this more thought.

Malcolm

I just pull the little battery compartment cover at the rear down a shade when i am finished & that saves me any messing.:)

People -

Two years ago you would be on here complaining about why your Cactus triggers would not fire if the wind was in a certain direction, of if the model winked at them, or they plain would not fire no matter what funny aerials you put on top of them, just when you thought you took the very best shots of your life.

Life is good.

Back