Yongnuo consideration

Hi guys,

Looking at considering a new Yongnuo to work alongside my 560 IV and the 560-TX. Im considering upgrading to TTL / HSS. Anyone got an good suggestions?

Thanks
There you go Phil V is your guy :)
I had some great advice on triggers from him
Cheers Phil (y)

I have five 600EX-RT's that I use along with the commander YN-E3-RT. I have a couple Canon flashes as well, but never dig them out to join in the group to be honest - the 600's work for me quite nicely. Although once in a while they do this jazzy spazzy thing (which no one has ever been able to explain it to me) but I've shot loads of sessions with them ... I use them when I want to have more complicated lighting setups or I'm too lazy to dig my Elinchrom's out. :D

The YN685 has a built in receiver

Without e receiver, it's a yn568

Hi Phil

Sound advice. I was told that I couldnt use the 685 OCF without a trigger on hotshoe, but thats then gonna limit my 560, so someone suggested that i use the 685 on hotshoe and the 560 as a receiver? Would that work? :)

The radio systems are completely different, you've set off down an alley with the 560's.

Try to sketch out in your head the 'end game' ad work back from there. You might be as well dumping the 560's now before you have spent too much keeping them going.

The radio systems are completely different, you've set off down an alley with the 560's.

Try to sketch out in your head the 'end game' ad work back from there. You might be as well dumping the 560's now before you have spent too much keeping them going.

Yea, kinda know that now. I was given that as a starter suggestion for a new speedlite to play about with, but obviously now im looking to upgrade to give me that little more flexibility i know its give me a fair few limitations obviously.

Im going to have a think what i want to achieve and go from there.

Thanks for the sound advice as always Phil.

I have five 600EX-RT's that I use along with the commander YN-E3-RT. I have a couple Canon flashes as well, but never dig them out to join in the group to be honest - the 600's work for me quite nicely. Although once in a while they do this jazzy spazzy thing (which no one has ever been able to explain it to me) but I've shot loads of sessions with them ... I use them when I want to have more complicated lighting setups or I'm too lazy to dig my Elinchrom's out. :D

Off topic/

This new Orlit Rovelight is looking for you - and me too for that matter, with a bunch of 600EX-RTs and Elinchrom studio heads http://flashhavoc.com/orlit-rovelight-rt-610-ttl-strobe-released/ It looks very nice, though I also have strong leanings towards Godox for a single total system solution based around a common trigger.

Back