Yongnuo YN600EX_RT 2 speedlite firmware update problems!

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
No
I have just bought the Yongnuo YN600EX RT 2 ETTL speedlite flash for Canon and and now wish I hadn't! Having been trying to download and install the recommended firmware update I have now given up. I tried for several hours to download and install the firmware file to my Mac but am defeated at every turn. It is recommended that you open Terminal utility and use that to install. That's scary in itself! So without any help or advice on how to proceed I shall return it. Has anyone any final tips? I have trawled the Internet, watched YouTube and read many "how to's" I am exhausted. Any help would be appreciated before last rites are given! Thanks.

Is their anything it won’t do because of the old firmware?

Ive never updated the firmware of a flashgun, they just work.

Is their anything it won’t do because of the old firmware?

Ive never updated the firmware of a flashgun, they just work.
I keep mine up to date - more out of OCD than anything - I can't say I've ever noticed anything different after the updates...

Thanks. I was following respected advice that you should always have the latest firmware for whatever kit you have. So I tried to update and failed miserably, so I gave the flash a test run and found everything was seemingly working perfectly. So I am happy that I can now relax. It was suggested by a pro not to agonise and jump through hoops to get the update, as you say, and just manage without it. So I did and now contented. It should by noted however that whilst the flash is well made the ongoing support from Yongnuo is somewhat lacking. The information is there only if you dig deep to find it, and then possibly out of date. The answer is of course to buy Canon but I hesitate at 3 times the price for similar spec at considerable cost to me.

Thanks. I was following respected advice that you should always have the latest firmware for whatever kit you have. So I tried to update and failed miserably, so I gave the flash a test run and found everything was seemingly working perfectly. So I am happy that I can now relax. It was suggested by a pro not to agonise and jump through hoops to get the update, as you say, and just manage without it. So I did and now contented. It should by noted however that whilst the flash is well made the ongoing support from Yongnuo is somewhat lacking. The information is there only if you dig deep to find it, and then possibly out of date. The answer is of course to buy Canon but I hesitate at 3 times the price for similar spec at considerable cost to me.
Nah
The answer is to buy Godox

More Chinese .....? :confused:
A very different proposition.

Godox have the most comprehensive flash system out there, from mini speedlights, to 1200Ws portable lights, and everything in between (battery and mains), and all controlled by the same protocols, and all work completely camera brand agnostically.

And not to forget the canon flash is also made in China, just under license to Canon ;)

Back