Yorkshire meet - Sunday 26th November

Brimham rocks is very nice and you can see those great big golf balls not too far from there! Pately bridge is just down the hill so fish and chips can be had by all! I vote Brimham rocks. Free and beautiful.

Brimham rocks is very nice and you can see those great big golf balls not too far from there! Pately bridge is just down the hill so fish and chips can be had by all! I vote Brimham rocks. Free and beautiful.

Also very close to Ripley Castle, village and church.

Ray

Well, Im watching both North & South threads with interest as Im bang in the middle!
Just a tad worried about coping with weather out in the wide open 'ooop north' on late November day.
I dont do cold! :shake:

although apparently that was just outside of london, but they did film for an american werewolf in london around here somewhere.

Fountains abbey - a lot there for everyone
House, Grounds and Deer Park.

A meet

In Yorkshire........:eek:

I'll not be able to grace you with my talkative presence for that one.......I'd need a new passport to go there :D

As a Lincolnshire man born and bred I'm not sure I'm allowed in Yorkshire but if I am I think I'll be able to make it.

I'm sure we can let you in. After all, I worked in Lincs (Scunthorpe) for 6 years :LOL: Tykes are a friendly bunch you know :p

OK that's only 75 ish miles from me, what else is there apart from rocks ?

erm, I'm not entirely sure to be honest, not been up there since I was a wee nipper.

Landscapes and walking by the look of it.

heres something from another website.

Owned by the National Trust, Brimham Rocks are situated northwest of York and you can drive there, from York, in about an hour. These spectacular rock formations, which were formed 300 million years ago, are ensconced within 387 acres of land. The moors are home to an amazing variety of grouse, birds and animals such as red deer. Hares and rabbits can also be found. The rocks are perfect for climbing, children absolutely love them, but parents be warned - it can be slippery and a firm grasp of little hands is needed. Visitors are requested to keep their dogs on leads during April, May and June to avoid upsetting nesting birds. There is a shop and an exhibition room, which are open as below.

Yeah, not bad pics. However they haven't got a picture of the rocks with Darksaber perched on-top one of em :D

Probably the best landscape to photograph in Yorkshire is the South Pennines. Also its a fantastic area for walking. OK I might be a bit biased, working as it is for the Countryside Service in West Yorkshire. So my suggestion is a meet in Hebden Bridge and a local walk.

I'll post some photos so that you can get an idea of whats on offer.

Regards

Back