Critique you help with this photo please

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this on board ship of the wake with sunset in the waves. Have to say I can't make up my mind if i like it or not. any thoughts welcomed and thank you

VFW1jGl.jpg

It's a great photo, the soft lines of the sea waves are a nice contrast to the rather flat sky. Plus the horizon seems to blend with the horizon of the water very cleanly :). I sound like someone trying to sound good, but I cannot work it any other way [emoji23]

Thank you for replying, it is not my usual type of photo so really all at sea with it. No pun intended

As it is, it is beautiful indeed and this is the kind of shots that
may be rendered in many different ways and still be great! :cool:

thank you Kodiak I appreciate your input. Suppose I am my own worst critic and never happy with my photos. I always think could I have done it differently or taken it a bit earlier or a bit late etc

Last edited:
I'd probably crop a little off top & bottom for something closer to a 2:1 semi-pano because all the interest is in that centre line, wind back clarity a little to soften the image further and boost saturation a *touch* for a little more colour pop in the sky & reflection. Nice pic.

I think I would take some of the sky away and put the horizon on the 1/3 leaving the wake to lead you into the shot

Back