Name
walter
Edit My Images
Yes
been looking over some holiday vids, and want to put them on you tube,
through past experience a 10 minute vid took 20 hours to upload to you tube,
is there a quicker way to achieve upload,
the upload was from window's library

20 hours! That is shocking! I normally upload from my iPhone and for a 2 min video it only takes about 2-3 min to upload.

I use Sony Vegas 10 to edit my videos. A 10 min 1080HD video takes about 2-3 hrs to upload if you render it as a mp4, which is what Vegas does automatically if you use the built in YouTube upload feature.

Vegas 10 is going cheap since 11 came out. I paid about £30 for mine.

You must all have horrendous upload speeds or something. The time it takes to upload depends entirely and exclusively on two things: the size of your file, and your upload speed.

The biggest video I've ever uploaded to youtube is 6.74gb. It is an hour and a half of 1080p although not huge bitrate. It took about 4 hours to upload.

I uploaded a video yesterday which was fairly high bitrate 1080p again, a 7 minute video. File size = 137mb. Took me a few minutes to upload.

BT Infinity is the only fibre optic residential broadband service in the UK at the moment and it is nowhere near fully rolled out yet.

You can get 10Mbit upload on Virgin Media's 100Mb cable service, or 5Mbit upload on the 50Mbit service (the latter is much more widely available).

BeThere offers 2.5Mbit upload on their 24Mbit 'Pro' service over ADSL2+

Pretty much, yes. BT are horrendous, although Infinity will change that once it is available.

Back