You valued opinions!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, changing my logo/watermark, which one do you prefer

Attachments

• 292F6ECB-69BA-43AA-B157-5EE2A9E3DA39.jpeg
    292F6ECB-69BA-43AA-B157-5EE2A9E3DA39.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 113
Prefer for what? If the idea is that the name should be read, 1 and 3 are (to me) the most easily read. If it's simply a pretty picture, then I'd go with 4. The others are less consistent in the use of curves and angular lines.

why not use you own signature to make the watermark- easy enough in Photoshop CC?

Les

Choice depends on your personal style and target market. Not that I am a pro photographer, but were I to be looking for one I'd be looking for one who was stylish and artistic, without too much of their own ego, prepared to listen. Some of the more bold signatures shout "ego" a bit too loudly for me (eg 2, 5, 8), some are too artificial and don't flow visually (4, 6). My personal favourite is 7, minus the bar on the L. That looks like a real signature, as if you are investing yourself in the business, self effacing yet stylish.

8 .... more logo than just plain signature.

Who's this Elly Push person? Is she related to you? And what about Eggy Tush? Who is she?

I think the first requirement of a logo which includes your name is that the name is legible and unambiguous. I don't think any of these pass that test, though some are close.

A signature is rarely if ever suitable as a Logo
A logo should be instantly recognisable at any size and be suitable for use in any media.
None of your examples meet any of those criteria.

This is copy&pasted from HERE ... sounds good to me.

1. Keep your watermark simple and monochromatic. (No colour and minimal use of graphics.)
2. Keep it as small as possible while being legible.
3. Use a vertical watermark. It is still legible but the viewer won’t get distracted trying to read it every time they view the photo.
4. Put your watermark on the edge of the photo.Yes, it’s easier to crop out, but it serves its main purpose and those that want to remove your watermark will remove it no matter where it is placed.

And HERE is an example.

Back