You Want It When?

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Compare.jpg

[smilie=p:

pah! shouldn't take you more'n five minutes in M$ Paint! :)

LOL well it's do-able but I've had about 2 hours at it so far and I'm sick of it already.

Do they want to keep the ginger hair?

No that's just contamination of the emulsion where it's lifted and crap has got underneath. That's easily dealt with though. The whole thing is totally wrapped in Sellotape- it took me ages to get a decent scan. Converting it to grey scale wouild have saved a lot of work but they want it keeping sepia. The biggest problem with that much facial damage to put right is that you can lose all the modelling in the face and it's ends up looking very flat. The trick is to repair the damge and preserve as much of the original texture as possible.

Can't wait to see the repaired image CT, finished yet? :p

No - it's not finished but it's pretty plain sailing now, and they're actually in no hurry at all for it, which is just as well as I've got another couple of horrors on the go.

wraaf.jpg

They'd actually put a crease in the photo right through her left cheek which was deforming the left side of her head, so I had to stretch that part of the pic back into shape.

Just for Doddy. :wink:

finished.jpg

I lost more modelling in the face than I'd have liked to be honest, but the damage was pretty well everywhere and there's often a trade off between what the customer is prepared to pay and the time you can spend on it.

CT mate I have it on good authority that you have made a major boo boo with the restoration, she had all her hair up in a bob at the back :shock: :wink:

Seriously you have done a great job on that and I am sure that your client will be very happy.

top job that is, very well done!

That really is a top job. I'm sure they will be very happy with it too...

Cheers CT, totally amazing work, was really interested to see how that worked out, looks like it was a huge success :)

Cheers fellers. The real acid test is when the customer sees it. Regardless of how well you've done it, you don't really know if it's a fair likeness of the loved one. The customer had a little weep when she picked it up (it was her mum) so I knew it wasn't far away. It looked pretty good actually in a dark wood frame.

Back