You'll never guess what this is?

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
A mate of a mates mate got me permission to go see this very rare and unusual thing hanging in a shed, standing in all, about eight feet high.

This is a smaller part of the thing, one of several identical essential main parts. ...its about eight inches accross.

Thatpart.jpg

Big Tip: This part has completed its function successfully and is therefore very VERY rare.

Two more shots to come. ... start guessing. :D :bang: :LOL:

Last edited:
I thought it could be a mine or a grenade, but several of them totalling 8ft tall? Hmmm.....

Did it have water coming out of the centre of it, where it looks like a watering can rose?

Was it remote controlled?

and did it go boooooooom if successful?

(ps what do you call a monkey in a minefield? Baboooooooooom!)

I don't think it's a sea mine. Those rived looking things look like they are designed to break the casing into shrapnel, which with my limited understanding is not how underwater explosives work. They rely on the shock wave in the water to do the damage i think.

Is it part of a cluster bomb?

I don't think it's a sea mine. Those rived looking things look like they are designed to break the casing into shrapnel, which with my limited understanding is not how underwater explosives work. They rely on the shock wave in the water to do the damage i think.

No

blimey you lot know stuff.

Piccy time hehe

Thebiggerpart.jpg

Some sort of gas burner maybe?

... water is the reason it survived intact ish.... respect to your eye.

OO Baloon bomb? Looks too big to drop by itself as it is not aerodynamic?

Fuel system for an aircraft engine?

:clap: well done Johnn ...in fact just the engine. (y)

Credit to all those that got us there ...

Its a used V2 missile Fired from a battery at Hague which landed in a Canal in Barking in 1944. The explosion took out half a street still, and both sides of the canal. This engine remnant was uncovered later and remains intact because of some sort of water cushioning effect.

V2engine.jpg

Thats fantastic Adam!!!!!

Once doodlebug was declared 'close' it was a doddle :)

Showing my age maybe :)

Very good.

Am i alone here? But i see potential on that last pic for a really cool herb garden!

Your looking at the engine and manifold above.

..that small part is a fuel injector nozzle, (that watering can bit) one of several pointing in different directions attached to the underside of the middle shot components. I would love to know what the round bits on the out side do (light the fuel? )

In the Middle photo you can see the metal distortion caused by the exposition (presumably) which has pushed half of the injector nozzle bank area downwards on one side. ...above this would have been more compressors to push fuel through and above them the fuel tanks topped with the explosives at the tip of the missile.

I thought the V2 was a doodlebug :thinking:

I always thought V1 was the doodlebug, there was a drone and then the engine cut off and it fell....wherever

The V2s I believed were the bigger buggers - more rocket like in appearance.

I may be mistaken though....

Edit: ah beaten to it by Damien above....cheers :)

Back