You'll never guess what this is?

Thats fantastic Adam!!!!!

Once doodlebug was declared 'close' it was a doddle :)

Showing my age maybe :)

:D ... I couldn’t say no, so said close. ..next time I'll be trickier.

Very good.

Am i alone here? But i see potential on that last pic for a really cool herb garden!

Two votes. ... but nah. ...ugly thing would ruin my garden ... huge shower head maybe. :thinking: :D

I thought the V2 was a doodlebug :thinking:

V1 insn't it. ...me too sometimes. :thinking:

Nice one John.

OO plants where there once was war. I like it! (y)

The owner has been offered loads ...museums mainly….. you wouldn’t believe what else hes got hidden away, all hording and the rot sets in unfortunately.

On the V2 wiki link I posted, if you go down the page there is a diagram showing the parts of the V2 and you can clearly see where the part in Adams photo sits in the rocket.....

Awesome piece of history to have knocking about in your garage! (y)

I stand corrected, but I wasn't far out with the fuel system of an aircrat engine.

No very close ...(y)

any idea what those button bits are on the fuel nozzle?

---

I am getting to see the official paper work at sometime, so I'll stick that info up when it arrives.

Odly though, yes it is a bt of terrible Nazi equipment that made the people of London shudder and sweat with fear, damn it must have been terrifying.

...but isn't it also an awesome example of cutting edge engineering isn't it ..to think that this was invented before ..say... the beetle car became a cool machine…. Is kinda wow.

Last edited:
No very close ...(y)

---

I am getting to see the official paper work at sometime, so I'll stick that info up when it arrives.

Odly though, yes it is a bt of terrible Nazi equipment that made the people of London shudder and sweat with fear, damn it must have been terrifying.

...but isn't it also an awesome example of cutting edge engineering isn't it ..to think that this was invented before ..say... the beetle car became a cool machine…. Is kinda wow.

No idea what the button bits are, they may have injected air to mix with the fuel.

My Nan used to tell me about these, she said that with the V1's when she heard the engines cut out she used to get under the table, but they never heard the V2's until they exploded.

So let me get this straight! ... Half of this forum is calling for a ban on shotguns; meanwhile a mate of your mate keeps an early Ballistic Missile in his shed!! Hmmmmm ..... :cautious:

:p

Oxygen to mix, air to mix, ... I guess that fits doesn't it... blimey It must have been quite a flame! ... thinking of my little plumbers torch here with its one little hole. lol ...I read somewhere that there where over 1000 little holes on a V2 ...The single nozzle in the first shot containing just a few hundred of those.

I’ve been steered towards Channel 4s Blitz street this morning … it’s a fun documentary and the last episode shows what the producers consider a similar explosion to the V2 …. Blimey what a hole! …at the end of the program, various clips from the blitz itself, and more real life feelings from the people at the time who where quite sick of pretending to be brave and unaffected and in all honesty quite ready to surrender to the Germans …because in reality, living with it from day to day was absolutely terrifying.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/blitz-street/4od#3068661

This is the forebear of the US Space Program....who would have thought eh?

if there's any chance of getting that thing working again I've got just the target :naughty: :banana:

This is the forebear of the US Space Program....who would have thought eh?

Think of many brilliant inventions ... and just guess that they where developed for war initially and you wont go far wrong ...carp really init.

What brill things did we invent in the heat of peace ....??

Great open sex and human rights ..:thinking: err :LOL:

I'm guessing they're just air inlets or mixers to create some turbulance in the fuel stream

No very close ...(y)

---

Back