Your Best Buy Of The Year ???

It has to be my

600mm f4 L IS

and

30" Apple Cinema Display.

Photography related - my Sigma 10-20mm wideangle, although I have yet to put to it to good use as haven't used it as much as I'd like to.

Non- photography related, it has to be the portable aircon unit I bought at the height of summer. Couldn't have got a decent nights sleep without it. I can't sleep when I'm hot :naughty:

non photo things eh.............

pioneer dvr 545hxs hdd/dvd recorder
pioneer 427xd 42" plasma screen

they'd be the nice things, but a year of major expense with car changes and lounge decoration has cleaned me out now and stopped me getting a 5D

Still.....i'll have to console myself with a new set of B&W speakers :D

30D, closely followed by the nifty fifty I think. Might sound odd considering I've just aquired my first bit of L glass, but to be honest the nifty has really changed the way I look at things through the viewfinder.

Not bought much, but the Tamron 90mm macro is easily the best.
...I've actually used it too :D

bah

got a sigma 70-200 ealrlier in the year, but the camera is bust...

Sigma 70-200mm, even nicer than the 1D MkII, did I just say that??? :cautious:

All my photography gear was bought this year and if I had to choose one item it would be the 70-200 F2.8.

Tricky one.......

Photography item......the d70 without a doubt. Would be a D200 if my life hadn't decided to go down some random in the last quarter of the year lol. Followed close second by my lee filter kit I got for chrimbo

non-photo item.........probably my creative zen mp3 player. Now I don't know what music to listen to in the car as well as at home!

yeah i got one of them too.

trying to find a book called 'how to train your cat to wee down the back of the telly' but its not easy to find

Having just used them both in anger (not literally of course ... :D) on my gear I have to say that Ven's Lens Pen and the Red Cloth are an excellent purchase ... (y)

They both exceed expectations and do their respective jobs over and above ... :D

:ty: TP staff for top gear ... :clap:

:p

It's gotta be my Olympus E500 twin lens kit :clap: :D

However the sad story behind its arrival was the passing of a dear Auntie who left me the means by which i could afford what had up until that point left the purchase of such an expensive piece of kit just a dream ....... Bless you Auntie Pat :love: (y)

seeing as i am totaly new to photography as well as forums it has to be my nikon D50, with lens kit, i am loving it!.:love:

My best would have to be the Canon 20D I got in march. It was my first proper camera and helped me kindle my growing interest in photography.

I would probably say one of the lenses apart from the camera but without the camera I would of had no need for the lenses ;)

Has to be the 70-200 IS F2.8. My photography was reborn when I got my mitts on this one.

Closely followed by the Arctic Butterfly... no more dust spot cloning for me :)

Mine is without a doubt my Sigma 120-300 F2.8. It is my most used lens, and cost me less than £1250 new in the UK.

30D and assorted lenses aside probably an ND grad filter and/or a lens pen :D

Everything I have from the 20D through my lenses and tripod was bought in 2006 - and I've enjoyed it all.

Of the lenses I have bought it must be the Canon 100m f2.8 Macro that wins the prize as my absolute fav!!! A joy to use!!!!

Back