Your best photo on your worst camera

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
As above show me your best photos on your cheapest/worst camera. As I dont use a smartphone I tend to carry a cheap little canon Ixus 185 around with me. Takes acceptable pictures in decent light but falls apart once light becomes scarce. I carried it with me during our cornwall trip and managed to capture this snap of people jumping into the water at sunset on Bude Beach.

IMG_0470 by Terry Mullins, on Flickr

Show me yours. Don't forget to post the camera it was taken on.

(MOD EDIT - fixed your link for you - future reference, paste the BBCODE from flickr straight into the post, not into a media container.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed

Les :)

This is not the page you’re looking for.

Can't show it - it was on film and the neg is long gone! It was of Stonehenge silhouetted against a sunset, taken with a Kodak instamatic on Kodacolor Gold 400, using a cheap pair of shades as an ND filter.

probably this one - Spurn Point Lighthouse on the Pinhole Holga (fundamentally a terrible camera)

Spurn Point Pinholes by The Big Yin, on Flickr

8 elephants at f/135 on Ilford Delta 100, souped in ilfosol 3,1+14 and scanned on my Canoscan 8800. Sorry, I've only a low-res version on flickr, but the original scan is of a suitable size to print out at about the size of a door...

The worst digital camera I've had was a keychain one and it was truly awful. The worst camera I still have is this little Medion 85173, front centre.

Zk53Ya7.jpg

It's a really nicely designed credit card sized metal camera but the image quality leaves a lot to be desired particularly the colour / white balance which are frankly all over the place. I took to opening the jpegs as raws and processing them for best effect but sometimes converting to B&W is the only way to stop laughing.

iVBG812.jpg

I was looking through a box of prints some time ago and I found a print of this next one which I'd printed to fill an A4. I'd forgotten I'd printed it but looking at it again I was a bit shocked as it looks really nice and only people like us :D would nit pick it.

LKvg4zW.jpg

98Izo2K.jpg

QsvCZvD.jpg

I saw an old Canon digital compact in a charity shop today for £3. I nearly bought it and actually now I wish I had.

Last edited:
Canon Ixus 105 :)...

The_Shard (2).JPG

Back