Your Favorite portrait of 2011.

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
This is mine .

Feel free to post one image which is your favorite of 2011..

My_beautiful_wife.jpg

Regards MD (y)

Like it,

And dam, that will be a challenge, picking one I like the most.......

Hard to pick a favorite, but I'm fond of this one, catching the musician playing his heart out and sweating under the lights at a college concert.

Sweating-Web by hunter20ga, on Flickr

Like it,

And dam, that will be a challenge, picking one I like the most.......

Lol easier for you that its people and portraits not nude and glamour....

Come on stu you know its prob the red shoes with heels in the mouth...:LOL:

And thanks

Dave:wave:

Lol easier for you that its people and portraits not nude and glamour....

Come on stu you know its prob the red shoes with heels in the mouth...:LOL:

And thanks

Dave:wave:

:D

That is amongst them, but there are a few I like :)

Nice shots guys

Yv I can see why.. :love:

hunter Nice moment caught. Real concentration and passion..!!!

Dave(y)

Nice image Dave I would add some contrast / blacks myself but yes I like the simplicity.

Dave

Michael Nice colourful image .. I dont belive the border is helping the image but hey thats me...

My daughter has a similer hat that I want to shoot her in this week (y)

Regards Dave

Not that many portraits on here or flikr but this is my fav at the moment :)

6532209509_e1f104aae9_z.jpg
[/url] _MG_1645.jpg by Tom_campbell_652, on Flickr[/IMG]

by the way the girl with the cane rolls in her hair had fake tan applied for that day as she was in a dancing show

Michael Nice colourful image .. I dont belive the border is helping the image but hey thats me...

My daughter has a similer hat that I want to shoot her in this week (y)

Regards Dave

Cheers Dave, the border is quite bold isn';t it, looked really good when I first processed it. Would do one without, but my hard drive has appeared to have failed today,

Cheers Dave, the border is quite bold isn';t it, looked really good when I first processed it. Would do one without, but my hard drive has appeared to have failed today,

Looks better imho..

michael_23.jpg

Regards Dave(y)

Right, been thinking hard (and trust me that ain't easy ;) ) and have picked one as my Fav, was a hard choose, and was so nearly the red shoe one, but then there was France, Birmingham, So many from Wales, some stunning ones from the Studio, but in the end went fo this :D

The Stunningly Beautiful Ashlea on location in Wales......

IMG_3621.jpg

Right, been thinking hard (and trust me that ain't easy ;) ) and have picked one as my Fav, was a hard choose, and was so nearly the red shoe one, but then there was France, Birmingham, So many from Wales, some stunning ones from the Studio, but in the end went fo this :D

The Stunningly Beautiful Ashlea on location in Wales......

IMG_3621.jpg
I've been looking at your work for a while now and i have to say it is superb, i just bought a studio strobe kit and will be doing portraits in the future (once iv learned). I can only hope i get close to your standards one day.

I've been looking at your work for a while now and i have to say it is superb, i just bought a studio strobe kit and will be doing portraits in the future (once iv learned). I can only hope i get close to your standards one day.

Some brilliant works in this thread! I can't get enough of your images cosmix.

A tough choice, but I think this would be mine:

. by TomBroadbent, on Flickr

This...Just because it's the only one I got of my little girl who refuses to pose for me. This was a snap taken on a rowing boat at Dedham. I owned a 5d with L lenses at the time but not dared to take it with me knowing that we'd be on the water. So my old trusty 20D and a crappy Tamron 'jack-of-all' lens. This is the only camera I have at the mo, and apart from a macro lens, the only lens I have...But I was very pleased with the result, a shallower DOF may have been better, but happy knowing I can still get an acceptable picture with the gear I'm left with.

IMG_1002cropjpg.jpg

Amazing how much colour Photobucket seems to leave out (esp on skin tones) from the original. :shrug:

This is mine, one of the first shoots with new studio lights, lots of trial and error but Charlotte was a patient model. Even better her mum wanted a huge print doing so made it all worthwile.

BPX_3506_pp by Ballpix Photography, on Flickr

i'm probably going to have to bend the rules just a little, here are my favourite portraits of 2011 of each of my children, both taken near their 1st and 3rd birthdays.

5861372968_c7e3b4157e_b.jpg

6342343440_43836c23e9_b.jpg

Cant decide between,

This.
6494345987_769c25e511_b.jpg

Or
5759399434_f7b93373d2_b.jpg

Quite hard to pick because got some really nice shots of the kids this year but will go with these two I think.

6581745577_281f0dc742_z.jpg

6156284918_46e9fff7f7_b.jpg

Back