Your favourite before and after edit

Coley.

Bryant Gumble
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

Just wondering if any of you would like to show some of your most proudest edits (preferably before and after pics)

Photos where without the use of editing, the picture would have been pretty much worthless. I'm just curious as to how much an editing software can do.
- be it 'turning a frown upside down,' or cloning out a flasher from a perfect shot :LOL: Have you still made the photo look natural ?

Simon

Im embarrassed to say, this is probably my most successful edit so far

7ead6077.jpg

e0fea7b2.jpg

:exit:

Lets have a look at em :bonk:

lol - in that case have a look at this thread - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=302434

particularly the latter posts - you'll see exactly what the editing software can do (especially when in the hands of a deranged geniius with a twisted mind and far to much carlsberg :LOL:)

:LOL: They are quality Pete ! Im tempted to have ago myself , be a great way to improve :bonk:

I was just interested in seeing a few more subtlely edited pics. For instance- A nice wedding pic, but the bride had chocolate all over her face and there was a dog going for a dump in the background- perhaps a police car with flashing blue lights spoiled the picture so all of the above were erased :cautious:

I use to love my old job but on the day of all of them having there photos took, i was away at college. My boss said he'd edit me back in the picture- never happened :dummy::LOL: Think that was one of the first reasons i bought elements.

Simon

:LOL: They are quality Pete ! Im tempted to have ago myself , be a great way to improve :bonk:

I was just interested in seeing a few more subtlely edited pics.
Go for it ... always good to see new ideas ... even subtle ones ;) (y)

So do the majority of peeps only use the software as a bit of fun :thinking:

I kind of imagined people slaving away over pictures- restoring,enhancing etc etc. Are there no edits you're proper chuffed with :shake:

Simon

So do the majority of peeps only use the software as a bit of fun :thinking:

I kind of imagined people slaving away over pictures- restoring,enhancing etc etc. Are there no edits you're proper chuffed with :shake:

Simon

well nearly all my pictures are editted/post processed to some extent - usually just a tweak of levels and saturation and may be a crop, but i dont usually keep the before shots (except as Raw files)

Also i dont usually try to rescue photos that are a total car crash - they just get deleted - I subscribe to the view that post proccess can make a good photo better, but you can't polish a turd

I subscribe to the view that post proccess can make a good photo better, but you can't polish a turd

My work mate use to say something very similar when i use to polish my car (Mk3 astra Gsi) It was loud, bumpy,ragged- but boy did it shift :cool::LOL:

Now thats what im talking about :woot:

I think the edited version is incredible. I cant believe you've managed to rid all the distractions and greatly improve such a cluttered pic -You must be well chuffed :clap:

Please post some more if you've got some;)

Simon

Heres one of mine I did. Quite happy with it, just a few small niggles that need sorting.

Nice. I assume you went back and took a second shot when the beach was clear and merged the 2?

Now thats what im talking about :woot:

I think the edited version is incredible. I cant believe you've managed to rid all the distractions and greatly improve such a cluttered pic -You must be well chuffed :clap:

Please post some more if you've got some;)

Simon

Thank you Simon, it took me ages!! :LOL:

I dont really have any more, but if I do any others I'll get them up! (y)

Nice. I assume you went back and took a second shot when the beach was clear and merged the 2?

Thanks.

Nope, all one shot. I've cloned out all the people, took me bloody ages :LOL: still a few bits I'm not 100% with so will revisit it at some point. The steps were hard!

I have this, which I posted on my blog a good while ago.

Before-and-after-HDR-Sunrise.jpg

The originals are a bit small, but you get the idea :)

Great example Tom(y) Your picture makes it easy for me to understand how hdr works ;)

Do behave :naughty:wow, wow and wow again-stunning :nuts: That should not even be possible :clap:
I know... How did Christine manage to get all those images from that one of the girl in the forest. They afters all look perfect! ;) :D

Untitled-28.jpg

Light glasses main by Pat MacInnes, on Flickr

This was a real Heath Robinson affair; table lamp on a wall in the background, Maglite torch with bezel removed, wining it on what I needed to light. Not my favourite shot but I like it as a demo on where a shot can go to from a starting point....

Last edited:
Pretty darn spectacular also Pat :eek: Theres gotta be alot of effort put into that (y)

Simon

Last edited:
Pretty darn spectacular also Pat :eek: Theres gotta be alot of effort put into that (y)

Simon

Cheers Simon - it was one of those out-of-the-blue ideas that just came together in the middle of being really into photoshop work at the time. I don't really do anything like this any more, so it's fun to look back at how it was put together. There was a shedload of dodging and burning, plus layer masks, and unfortunately I can't seem to be able to find the final .PSD file that has everything pieced together.... May have to have a better look :)

I always thought PS was just to bloody big and scary for my brain to get around but, after checking out the very excellent thread "how would you edit this game" I decided to give it a go. I've got the bug for the darn thing now and all my photos are grossly over-edited. :wacky:

Before:
5978524004_6f514be63a_b.jpg

After:
5977790625_6edc879ac9_b.jpg

Some terrific stuff on here too. (y)

Last edited:
Some great before and after's here, love Christine's fantasy edit.:)

I suppose this is my favourite edit at the moment from a American civil war re-enactment shoot trying to encapsulate it all in one image.

North Meets South
136753159.jpg

30414499.jpg

Last edited:
Before:
5978524004_6f514be63a_b.jpg

After:
5977790625_6edc879ac9_b.jpg

Some terrific stuff on here too. (y)

Thats a huge transformation Roger :clap: The after edit kind of looks a bit scary- like something i'd see on a saw dvd cover- cool effect whatever your intention ;)

Paul :eek: stunning pictures. I really like how youve got the two top images to be almost floating in the clouds. I've never seen pictures quite like it-Looks scarily realistic :help::LOL:

Simon

Some great before and after's here, love Christine's fantasy edit.:)

I suppose this is my favourite edit at the moment from a American civil war re-enactment shoot trying to encapsulate it all in one image.

North Meets South
136753159.jpg

30414499.jpg

great photos paul - but the one on the doctors table in the montage is quite clearly a different pic from the one in the before selection :LOL:

imgp2812editedit.jpg

here's my fav

these 2 were close second...
0j9w6880editcopy.jpg

uplodfr.jpg

Last edited:
With all those great edits I was just wondering how much further can photography go, or has it reached its limits in the editing world.

Realspeed

Im really liking seeing all your fav's (y)

With all those great edits I was just wondering how much further can photography go, or has it reached its limits in the editing world.

Realspeed

I wonder what will happen when 3d cameras become more popular- maybe normal photography might become retro to the younguns :LOL:

Danny, i think your flower ones a corker ! I like the way the leaves kind of give it an explosion feel and draw your eye to the centre masterpiece :geek:

Amazing what you guys are achieving from just a normal looking pic :clap:

Back