Your favourite computer games.

squizza

Eeyore
Edit My Images
Yes
So, I've finished uni for the meantime until the next exhibition in London next week. Taking some well earned time off to let my hair grow back :LOL: (see other thread!) and de-stress, and one way I do that when the weather is on the crud side (and pointless going out with the camera) is to play computer games. :D

So just wondering what your favourites are?

Mine is the Suikoden series. RPG that was underrated, but is fantastic in my eyes.

Final Fantasy VII VIII IX
StarCraft < I once played in the WCG 2005 with this :LOL:
Counter Strike 1.6
DotA

:D

Last edited:
I was never a big gamer - apart from the good old Spectrum games like Manic Miner & Jet Set Willy.

Since having kids though I've spent more hours than I care to mention on the various Gran Turismo games. The Spyro games were popular in our house too.

Online - Toontown was very very addictive.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Also, Angry Birds on the iPhone is perhaps the most addictive game, ever.

If you want a really good destressing game then try the disney on line game Toontown. I know it is for kids but deep down we are all kids really - and it can be a very addictive game and there is something quite good about throwing pies at people!!

Well done on finishing Uni (y)

I was never a big gamer - apart from the good old Spectrum games like Manic Miner & Jet Set Willy.

Since having kids though I've spent more hours than I care to mention on the various Gran Turismo games. The Spyro games were popular in our house too.

Online - Toontown was very very addictive.

U can still play Manic miner online as well, I remember the spectrum days, I like playing call of duty online but my son hogs it :LOL:

If you want a really good destressing game then try the disney on line game Toontown. I know it is for kids but deep down we are all kids really - and it can be a very addictive game and there is something quite good about throwing pies at people!!

Well done on finishing Uni (y)

I used to do Toontown

Lost interest a bit when my Toon maxed out.

I used to do Toontown

Lost interest a bit when my Toon maxed out.

True - but it does feel good after a bad day at work to throw pies and stuff at people without getting into trouble :LOL:

Everquest, although I've long since given up any MMORPG, so didn't even start WoW when it came out.

rFactor..! Got a steering wheel and pedals hooked up too :p

James

I get a dead leg when I try to use pedals on the computer. I only bought them for rfactor as well :(.

I stood up after five laps of Daytona and my right leg collapsed underneath me :shrug:

Everquest, although I've long since given up any MMORPG, so didn't even start WoW when it came out.

I get a dead leg when I try to use pedals on the computer. I only bought them for rfactor as well :(.

I stood up after five laps of Daytona and my right leg collapsed underneath me :shrug:

We got my son a steering wheel and peddles for christmas, he has been on it twice :bang::bang:

I stood up after five laps of Daytona and my right leg collapsed underneath me

Oh really? Thats strange - I've never had a problem with dead legs, but then I normally do F1 races on the game so theres plenty of right & left leg use..

Classic games, two of my faves on the ol 48k were chucky egg and horace goes skiing. Feel a pang now for a bit of retro gaming!!!

get yourself an N64! hook it up to an old crt tv :D
i still play on mine every now and again!

then get these games..
banko kazooie
zelda, ocarina of time
conkers bad fur day
diddy kong racing
f zero x
goldeneye
mario kart
perfect dark
jet force gemini

quite a random and varied selection, should cater for almost anyones gaming needs! that is, if you havent already played them.
hope youre well sarah!

I've never really been much of a gamer but I used to enjoy Unreal Tournament on the PC as well as Homeworld.

The Conduit is a great game for the Wii... Spent hours playing that one! :)

Si

Red Dead Redemption (just out on xbox 360 and PS3) is awesome. Find it very difficult to switch it off at the minute :D

cod4 (mw 1), then other cods, left4dead, not loving left 4 dead 2, portal, command and conquer generals was sweet, got a soft sppot for star trek bridge commander

COD MW was a hit, then I played BF BC, that was even better.
so I got MW2, then was surprised when I preferred BC2!

COD MW was a hit, then I played BF BC, that was even better.
so I got MW2, then was surprised when I preferred BC2!

Currently playing Heavy Rain on the PS3. QUite possibly the most miserable, depressing game I have ever played.

I'm a big driving game fan and love the simbin series - currently playing race 07 WTCC, GTR evolution and race on, love online play!

The wife plays Sims 3 and has just bought the latest add-ons for it.

Call of Duty - nothing like blowing the crap out of things.
Gran Turismo / Race Grid
TW10 - SO Damien can beat me on online games!

I'm more of a FPS person and prefer to play it on the PC due to finding it easier to use a keyboard for that kind of thing.

Serious Sam, Doom and it's sequel (the original version, of course), Star Trek - Elite Force, the original Half Life, Painkiller and Tron were all games I truly got into. In the short time I owned an Xbox 360 (before I got bored of it and sold it) I played Prey and Bioshock on it.

I, too, owned a "speccy" where I played Sabre Wulf on it, then Super Frog on the Amiga A1200.

Actually:

1K breakout
3D Monster Maze
Manic Miner
Knight Lore
Lunar Jetpac
Lunar Jetman
Planetoid (Acorn's Defender)
Elite
Revs

Civ 2
Baldur's Gate

Bad Company 2
Modern Warfare 2
Also recently got quite into the Guitar Hero games.

Bad Company 2
Modern Warfare 2
Also recently got quite into the Guitar Hero games.

1 of my goals from the neuro rehab team was to be able to use my thumb on my bad hand, so I can use the left toggle on the control so I can play MW2:D

TW10 - SO Damien can beat me on online games!

Hell yeah I do.....nothing like spanking Lyntons ass with a 5 Iron!!! (y) He still ain't beat me yet.....not even once!!

My favourite ever is still GTA: San Andreas on the PS2.....awesome stuff!! :D

I'm not a big gamer, but of the ones I've tried, I enjoy grand theft auto (can't remember which! XD) and play it on my brothers iMac. I'm too mean to get the full version, but I enjoy the trial of ToonWarz I have on my Xperia. And Android users, try it its pretty good.

Red Dead Redemption (just out on xbox 360 and PS3) is awesome. Find it very difficult to switch it off at the minute :D

Loving RDR at the moment!! I keep getting side tracked from the missions though and find myself leaving bait and then watching the wolves come through the sniper scope... :LOL:

Last edited:
On PC...
Bad Company 2 (Run a server for this if anyone is interested)
Eve Online

On Xbox 360
Forza 3
Just Cause 2

On Wii - Red Steel
On 360 - all the halo games
on any format - any Tomb raider, Drake's Fortune, Wet (good but short)

A

Football Manager... I have probably wasted weeks of my life since I first started playing back in the Championship Manager days.
Have also spent a lot of time on Formula 1 2006 on PS2, trying to get around a full length race, on difficult, without touching the barrier or another car at all. Very difficult for me because without the fear of fatality I always forget there is a brake...

MAG (PS3) for me at the minute

still the best driving sim after years of others trying to beat it with newer games (mate did simdy 500 a week or 2 ago and race lasted about 4 hours and he couldnt get out of seat when finished).

Back