Your favourite shot of 2011...

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't think there are any other threads running like this so I thought that as the year is starting to draw to a close it might be nice for us all to share our favourite shot of the year.

No critique necessary, doesn't have to be a technically great shot, just something that you connected with and that sparks a memory of the year.

One photo and a short description of what it means to you is all it will take.

Here's mine for a kick off.... please join in.

This years family Holiday in Zante, met up with the wife's family (over for a wedding), nursing a slightly thick head from last nights village wine and suffering the Mother in law drone on a bit while we waited for our food. Noticed the reflection on my sunny's and took a quick shot.

Zakynthos - 2011/05/31, IMG_5899 by Chris J Hart, on Flickr

January 2011

my first attempt at 'street'..Nikon F3

an Eastern European girl outside a smart Glasgow coffee house
struck by the difference between her and the couple inside

...''The wrong side of the Glass'
07890011-_pillar_crop.jpg
[/IMG]

Lots to choose from, but this is mine because it shows a nice depth to my dad.
5491707690_e1be78fd0e_o.jpg

My favourite shot of the year was the one which i was most relieved to capture. Fortunately the self timer worked out as i hoped, and even more fortunately, my girlfriend said yes. Nothing I have taken this year has come anywhere close to making me as happy as getting this shot

corse-19.jpg

aw Matty that's brilliant - making me all mushy lol

A reminder of two magical weeks in Scotland.
First week was a photographic workshop in Knoydart (my dream holiday).
Second week was on the Isle of Eigg in perfect weather including this sunset panorama (still needs straightening).
i-PgnNbSR-L.jpg

This was probably my favourite:

100_7578_7D.jpg

Last edited:
**** me Richard I hope your making money from photography

This was probably my favourite:

100_7578_7D.jpg

I remember that one Richard, absolutely stunning shot of nature at its best.........:clap:

I will go with this one as it is the first decent Nuthatch shot I captured.

IMG_0679.jpg

Probably this one, as it is the best deer pic I've got imo and also because I love wildlife photography.

6437351193_e64cb60f8b_z.jpg

Went on holiday to the Shetland Islands with a friend. We have a lot of great memories, unfortunately many that couldn't be photographed. This one, however, could be.

Let me set the scene: it's a windy day and we're close to the edge of some cliffs in the stunning Hermaness Nature Reserve. I've already nearly got blown over the edge (but don't tell my mother that ;)) and so by this point we're standing quite far back. Imagine how we felt upon witnessing a couple come by and do this:

Dangerous Picnic by Carousels Spin, on Flickr

Must have just stared at them for a couple of minutes before I thought to take a photo, capturing them right at the moment a gust of wind blew the bloke's toupe up. :LOL: For me, this photo is a reminder of a holiday full of fun memories.

(For anyone worrying, we watched them finish the picnic and carry on their walk.)

I'll third that. Goes to show that "foreground interest" not always essential

Cheers Gents !
I'm just back from 10 days on the Isle of Muck; it was only supposed to be 7 days but severe weather kept disrupting the ferry; we came back on a small boat as the big ferries just can't take the rough seas. Really glad to be back in civilisation....
Piccies were about as far away from the one posted as it is possible to get; but I'm hoping they live up to my initial impressions as the light was amazing.

Mean while....
I'm really enjoying the images people are posting into this thread
As said earlier "Keep em coming" !!!

My favourite was from my first night shoot in London, I spent hours in London taking photos and was amazed at how little light there was and how the camera captured and made the scene lighter than it was.

It is either the Pier...

Small Wooden Pier by Dale_tem, on Flickr

or the Statue (I'd like to go back and get this photo again without the people, but it was on private land and they hate tripods, so might be tricky)

Fountain by Dale_tem, on Flickr

These haven't been touched with any software and are JPEGs straights from the camera

Back